FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

4l80e+turbo, anything to improve bottom end beside converter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, you really probably need to do your own tuning if your really concerned about track times
Old 08-28-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

try the syty shuffle
Old 08-29-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black04
try the syty shuffle
still won't build boost.. lol I'm going to open the cutout next time, maybe that will help a tiny bit

what about if I added a meth kit? or would that only trigger on once boost is present

I've been looking at a few nitrous kits, I need to learn more about everything involved with them though
Old 08-29-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

meth will only triger when in boost just spray it ad double check the managment
Old 08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I though my 3000 rpm converter was too big when I first got it, but after a week of driving it, I got used to it, barely notice its there except the exhaust note tells you you're revving it around 3k. You don't have to stall it up to get the truck to move, it just makes it really get moving, otherwise it drives fine. I have an ecsb 4x4 with heavy *** tires, so I'm sure it would be even less noticeable in your regular cab 2wd. I say give a converter a try, 2600 or so, you'll be glad you did!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Are you pushing though the brakes, spinning the tires or just sits there and won't build boost?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXjeepTJ
yeah idk what I was thinking saying 3rd

I'm 2wd, and yeah, I'm in the same boat- takes a long time to spool but once it does it's a completely different truck. At the track I had people thinking I was slow when they led me by pretty much a bus length, but within a few seconds (once the turbo spooled) I pulled them and put them a couple car lengths behind me

yup, and if anyone needs a check valve, I have 3 left over (had to buy a pack of 4). $5 shipped!
What kind of check valve did you buy?
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kbracing96
Are you pushing though the brakes, spinning the tires or just sits there and won't build boost?
when I hold the brakes, I give it a good amount of throttle- tires don't spin and I don't move and I don't build boost, so I would have to say it won't build boost. If I give it more gas I'm pretty sure the rear tires would spin (I never tried it at the track since it's looked down upon when you spin the tires at the tree before green light or so I read)

Originally Posted by N20GMC
What kind of check valve did you buy?
off ebay, I think it's main purpose was for use in HHO systems here is a link to them off ebay HHO Generator (10) 3/8" High Flow Inline Check Valve KV | eBay

the guys from Nelson performance drove it to tune it, they never said anything major was happening with the truck- just that it has a slight misfire in cylinder 8 and that when it is idling he could see what looked like a vacuum leak on the tuning software, they put a smoke machine on it and found nothing though
Old 08-31-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

all of the check valves have been sold
Old 08-31-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

so when I hold the brake down and give it the gas, my RPMS go to about 1900. I go to about half throttle.

Will I damage anything if I try to give it more gas? I tried giving a little more gas and still got no boost on the gauge and stopped since I didn't want to blow the transmission up.

should I just mash on the gas as much as I can before the tires break loose? I REALLY don't want to screw my transmission up lol

Quick Reply: 4l80e+turbo, anything to improve bottom end beside converter?