FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2 bar Not reading correctly

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Atomic,
No doubt about map sensors just outputting voltage. But it sure seems strange to me that the two other sensors I tried did not work correctly but as soon as I put the delco it works fine. ( is this better electrical parts, I don't know) When I tried the other two sensors at Linear of 200 and offset of 10.3 it would fall on its face and go into limp mode. The only way to get it to run half descent was to put an offset of -75. Which is obviously wrong? Or is it?

When testing with a volt meter, would you key on-engine off and see what the v output would be at? I am in south Louisiana, so basically sea level. So i should be reading 101-102 kpa? Which means my two bar should be at 2.5 V ?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-26-2018, 05:13 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

The codes and limp mode is all a matter of the sensor not matching what the computer thinks it is, it's a problem with one of those. The easy way to roll out the map sensor is to put a voltmeter to it. Another way would be to log the map sensor voltage in the scanner and ignore the pressure it's telling you. You could do an even better job by hooking up an air tank with a regulator and plotting multiple pressures and their voltages. A 5 volt DC power supply makes this a lot easier to do on the bench.