Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

TX2K13 Official: Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TX2K13 Official: Who's going?

What's up guys! I figured I'd kick us off here since I haven't seen a thread yet on it, but who's going to TX2K13???

I'm a little confused on the dates so someone feel free to to chime in and let me know. As I understand it, the event is supposed to start going down on Wednesday, March 13th - Sunday March 17th.

This year it's going to be different so far as the night meet goes:

Friday Night March 15, 2013 - NIGHT MEET at Lonestar Motorsports Park

The NIGHT MEET for TX2K13 will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (Lonestar Motorsports Park) While I recognize the location is not ideal, it's the only place where we can control access in/out, where we can police the parking lot to make sure that we are safe and that our cars are safe, where we can offer a bikini contest with no limit on noise, where we can still serve beer (they have a license to serve), where we can serve food...and ultimately where we can keep the type of clientele we don't want...out. The event will continue to be heavily supported and sponsored by HoustonPerformanceDriving.com , KP Racing (Knight Performance, LLC) as well as a few other sponsors that are going to step up to make this event happen. This year we will have the following:

1. Bikini contest
2. Beer/Food (we are working with Hooters and possibly Twin Peaks to have them serve food)
3. Live band
4. Burnout contest with the prize being $250 (feel free to burnout in a SAFE environment where no one can get hurt and even win some $)
5. Motorcycle stunting exhibition

Directions:

From the host hotel, go WEST on I-10, stay on I-10 WEST for approximately 40-45 miles. Exit Beckendorf Road (Exit 713) and follow signs to LMP.

LONESTAR MOTORSPORTS PARK
120 Old Columbus Road South
Sealy, TX 77474
Phone: 979-877-0922

Cost: cost to enter gates for the day is $20/person and is payable at the gate. You will be able to buy a 4 event pass on Friday morning that will get you in the Hennessey gate and will allow you to bypass the line at the main gate.

Food: concessions will be open
Gates open at 9:00 pm, band will start at 10 pm, bikini contest will start at 11:00 pm and we will have the burnout contest and stunting competition mixed in. We will shut down at 1:00 am. I will update as more details become available.

I'll periodicalloy check in and update on this as more details become clear, but as it stands this year I'm going to be taking Gray Ghost, now that it's setup is all lined out, and my G8 on 14 pounds.

Anyways, post up if you're going!

-Rob.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:40 AM

Man I can't wait to make this event. Very tempted to make the long haul from the GA coast this year if things work out. Next year for sure though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyA-uUicPvo
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

A buddy and I will be there watching.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'll be there for sure
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I really want to make the drive down from chicago.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be there again this year... Been every year since 09. I have a feeling this year will be the most ridiculous and crazy. and maybe even the last year it happens. We'll have to wait and see.

I'll be there in one of these. Say what's up if ya spot me. I'll wear some sort of truck stuff or i'll have on NX shirts. There are like 8 of us who drive down every year
Name:  tx2k.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  41.5 KB
Name:  TX2K12_zps198a5a78.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  78.5 KB
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hell yes can't wait to meet and greet you all there!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by f4tal
I'll be there again this year... Been every year since 09. I have a feeling this year will be the most ridiculous and crazy. and maybe even the last year it happens. We'll have to wait and see.

I'll be there in one of these. Say what's up if ya spot me. I'll wear some sort of truck stuff or i'll have on NX shirts. There are like 8 of us who drive down every year
Why would you think the last year?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost Silverado
Hell yes can't wait to meet and greet you all there!
I saw ya out there last year but I didn't talk with ya. I know how crazy it is especially when your racing at the track also.

Originally Posted by bdubb
Why would you think the last year?
It got wayyy out of control last year. The meet keeps getting bigger and BIGGER. Also, a bunch of the locals (no offense to you) came in and were being typical ricer ***** and ruined the night meet and flooded the hotel with stupidity. I just don't seeing this meet continuing for very long due to the mass amount of people going these days. Peter and the rest of the TX2K gang is going to have to do more planning.

I hope i'm wrong. I love this meet and it's the only one I religiously go to every year.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by f4tal
I saw ya out there last year but I didn't talk with ya. I know how crazy it is especially when your racing at the track.
Really? Lets definitely make it a point to get acquainted this year.

Yeah, we had some MASSIVE problems that started on the dyno day and progressively got worse. Piston, fuel pump(s) piece of **** 4L80E, etc. All lined out now

Quick Reply: TX2K13 Official: Who's going?