Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Silverado SS is gone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:53 AM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 2500/3400 are still the old chassis under the new shell right?
Old 11-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Oh yeah, gas pumps only go up to $75 and then shut off......damn 34 gallon tank.

Yeah Andrew it's nice and feels pretty quick once it gets moving. It has the 6L90E also, supposed to be a bit stronger than the 6L80E, let's hope so.

Thanks guys

BTW, I know you will eventually see this Tim so just gonna let you know. I got grey just for you.
Grey is the ****! You'll figure that out soon enough when you don't have a bunch of swirl marks and spider webbing from just washing it. Black is a young man's color, I'm waaaay to lazy to keep black right. Good looking truck! I agree with the long bed thing, I never really liked them much but as big as that thing is it looks good on there (and you can't say that The Breeze's **** doesn't look sweet). I hope to make it to the track this weekend too. I haven't even driven my truck for a few weeks. Got me a '01 Nissan Sentra (actually had it since July when we gave my daughter the old Maxima and bought my wife the new Max) that I've been ridin' out to the tune of 32mpg!, on reg. gas none the less. I did the math and figure I'm saving atleast 12 cents per mile as compared to the truck It's nice to just pull up in any old parking space and not have to worry about door dings. I'm really getting used to driving a hoopty again. Nice **** is waaaay overated Oh yeah, the Sentra is grey too
Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Import Moderator

ya but Storm Grey = Gay

..... o wait, nevermind
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Grey is the ****! You'll figure that out soon enough when you don't have a bunch of swirl marks and spider webbing from just washing it. Black is a young man's color, I'm waaaay to lazy to keep black right. Good looking truck! I agree with the long bed thing, I never really liked them much but as big as that thing is it looks good on there (and you can't say that The Breeze's **** doesn't look sweet). I hope to make it to the track this weekend too. I haven't even driven my truck for a few weeks. Got me a '01 Nissan Sentra (actually had it since July when we gave my daughter the old Maxima and bought my wife the new Max) that I've been ridin' out to the tune of 32mpg!, on reg. gas none the less. I did the math and figure I'm saving atleast 12 cents per mile as compared to the truck It's nice to just pull up in any old parking space and not have to worry about door dings. I'm really getting used to driving a hoopty again. Nice **** is waaaay overated Oh yeah, the Sentra is grey too

You are not kidding about black, I swore after my last black truck I wouldnt get another one.. Low and behold I have another.... As to the DD, I just got one as well. Its nice being able to park it in a parking lot and forget about it, instead of walking out to it and doing a walk around all the time. haha
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the 2500 come with the 6L or the 6.2L? Nice truck I would ride in that if it was EC, RC are too uncomfortable for me. I'm interested to see how she does at the track, how much does she weight?
Old 11-21-2007, 07:04 AM
Import Moderator

im pretty sure there all still 6.0
Old 11-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, 6.0L with the VVT stuff. It's rated at 353hp @ 5400rpm and 373lb-ft tq @ 4400rpm. I was gonna weigh it at the dump today but, I forgot to go over there after I came out of Home Depot.

Spoolin - Are you 7' tall? Mwalls54 sat in it last night and he fit ok and he is big like a Yeti. The only thing different from my last truck is I don't have a junk hole behind the seat to throw stuff in anymore.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 11-21-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Yep, 6.0L with the VVT stuff. I was gonna weigh it at the dump today but, I forgot to go over there after I came out of Home Depot.

Spoolin - Are you 7' tall? Mwalls54 sat in it last night and he fit ok and he is big like a Yeti. The only thing different from my last truck is I don't have a junk hole behind the seat to throw stuff in anymore.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Yeti Strikes Back!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PSM
The 2500/3500 are still the old chassis under the new shell right?
Yep, from what I understand it's the same chassis with the new body/interior/engine/transmission. I LOVE the brakes on this thing compared to a 1500.

Quick Reply: Silverado SS is gone!!!