Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Finally! Albany, NY area dyno tuner!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally! Albany, NY area dyno tuner!!

Stumbled upon this while on the EFILive forum. Talked to this guys and seems very laid back and easy to deal with. He has a shop in Schenectady and does just dyno pulls (150 for the first hour and 75 after that) and fill WB tuning for ~$500 give or take. http://www.redline-motorsports.net

I figured I'll stop by this week and check it out, he said I was more than welcome. It's the things like that which seem to make the difference. Just thought I would let you guys know as I haven't been able to find anyone local for any of this stuff. maybe we can get a dyno session put together if there is enough interest.

I have more of his info if you need it, just PM or email me.
Andrew
Old 03-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Looks pretty good man-let me know how it goes cause i've searching since the first day I've owned my truck. I would be interested in a dyno session too. Good find!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I couldn't help it. I had to stop by after work today. You know how you can usually judge the person by the kind of shop he has....this was one of those times. First of all I show up, he has one bay with a lift, a second bay has the dyno dynamics eddy current dyno (loads it up like a Mustang Dyno), and the third and a half bay is open for an extra car or some parts on the wall.

this is what I notice when I first come in, Z28 on the lift, 2004 C5 on the Dyno, a 2004 C5 Z06 outside ready to get pulled in and worked on and......a 2006 C6 Z06 in that third bay! Yeah, that's the owners. We bs around for a while and I pick his brain on EFI Live, which was worthless as he talked about more than I could comprehend. THis is the best part though, as he was explaining he would stop to make sure I understood. Took the time. That made a big impression. I mean he even went into EFILive and pulled up some graphs to help me illustrate some things. Really an awesome guy and he knows his tuning. Has taken course on advanced tuning parameters and all that jazz. I came away very impressed. He said that C5 on the dyno came in at 309 stock. With heads and a cam, he had it up to 411, and was pretty sure he could tweak another 15-18 out of it.

Great guy to talk to, and more than willing to give advice when asked. I will definitely be going back there. Said the best way to get in contact with him was email. If you do contact him, tell him Andrew from GE mentioned him as I told him I might have some other truck guys interested in his work. 2 hours later ad I was on my way home, smile from ear to ear after getting all this info and hearing is new Z06 start up!

Andrew
Old 03-21-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats awesome man... might have to make a trip this summer.. however i found a dyno in rochester, NY, much closer for me at least. Its New Era Performance. They are a sponser on LS1tech. Havn't talked to them yet tho. Let us know more info, if you get some.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blksilverado
Let us know more info, if you get some.
Redline is also on Tech, but I don't think a sponsor. Dyno alone is 150 for the first hour and 75 after that. A full dyno tune, WB and all the associated printouts is 500 give or take.

Let me know what info you need and I can update you,
Andrew