Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

New dyno 5.7 iron

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 02:32 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

So 15hp on top of the existing drivetrain loss. Geez. Did they say what TC they were using? Stock or aftermarket?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

But even with that test, that 15hp number shouldn't be put in a box and referred to exclusively. There are far too many factors.

Did they dyno, then swap trans, and dyno again the same day? That's the only way that number would be real accurate... And even then there are a lot of things that can differ from one pull to the next.

As far as the OP goes, there is a lot more going on than loss from a trans it seems...
Old 09-10-2015, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tms guy who build my engine. Says should make around 420 at wheel. Vegeanxe racing know I swapped trans to 80e and know I'm
Running circle d converter. They tuned my PCM. Drove for a month. And offer me dyno free so the hp number I didn't expect that low. They say my converter is tight. I don't understand about tight thing. I was told that converter is built
For boost. It's 258mm 2b billet triple dick 3000 stall. They say when boost on. It will
Go up more power?
Old 09-12-2015, 12:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

There is no way a 347 with your head/cam setup is going to make 420hp to the tire. At the crank, possibly. I would expect around 340whp from that setup so 318whp is not that bad depending on weather and type of dyno. There are lots of variables here that aren't given to make an accurate assumption of why the power is slightly down (tune, miles on "new" engine, transmission condition, converter slip, intake/exhaust setup, brand of dyno, dyno setup, etc).
As to the converter being "tight", if it were build for boost, it will not stall as high on motor (ie lower power) than it will on boost (higher power). The converter will loosen up or rather have a higher stall speed once more power is applied to it. A tighter converter will allow higher dyno numbers due to decreased slip.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple enough question....how much timing in that motor
Old 09-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKID
There is no way a 347 with your head/cam setup is going to make 420hp to the tire. At the crank, possibly. I would expect around 340whp from that setup so 318whp is not that bad depending on weather and type of dyno. There are lots of variables here that aren't given to make an accurate assumption of why the power is slightly down (tune, miles on "new" engine, transmission condition, converter slip, intake/exhaust setup, brand of dyno, dyno setup, etc).
As to the converter being "tight", if it were build for boost, it will not stall as high on motor (ie lower power) than it will on boost (higher power). The converter will loosen up or rather have a higher stall speed once more power is applied to it. A tighter converter will allow higher dyno numbers due to decreased slip.
If the converter is locked it doesn't matter if it's a 6000 stall. Only thing that should affect it is the weight of the converter. And that should only be slight.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by George C....
Simple enough question....how much timing in that motor
I don't know what timing did mike tuned mine, but I can ask if need to.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

from my understanding my 347 is high comp its 10.4 CR should alittle bump that high power. Yes the cam is built for turbo. Vengeace racing is work on to have me in book on JAN do turbo kit install/fuel system convert to return style with FPR then dyno with real one on full induction boost.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Almost every camaro and vette Make 420 or more to the tires with head/cam setup. Unless the dyno he is on reads low something seems off.

I would say with that cam and the op's setup through a trucks drivetrain he should at least be in the 360-380 hp range.

Last edited by gagliano7; 10-21-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 5.3 with headers, cat back, btr stage 3 truck cam, 3200 stall, 4l60e, and second gear pull(stock driveshaft) made exactly 318 rwhp on a dyno jet 248.Something is definitely wrong. Heads/cam 5.7 should be 400whp+ all day long.

Quick Reply: New dyno 5.7 iron