Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Low numbers??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 05:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not really proficient with the tuning yet. Lol I have HP Tuners and don't even really know how to log it yet. I just haven't had time or patience to mess with it.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I feel that the truck has at least a low 13 in it, if not high 12's on motor. I want to get this issue figured out and fixed before I throw some gas on it.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Something is way wrong somewhere. You should have a 11 second truck if you hook. My QC stock block Ram ran 12.6's N/A, you should blow by that like its sitting still.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Laid Back

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had my filter directly on my throttle body once and the computer pulled back a bunch of timing because of the high inlet air temperatures. Change that and it will run like it does after a cold start all the time.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastcount03
I'm sitting at ~11.75 compression at 408 CI. I weigh in at around 4300 lbs with me and a half tank of fuel.
thats some nice compression, thats light also

I was goin to buy the Holley Hi Ram but my tuner suggested against it... even tho he sells them, saying that the truck intake is best for a daily driven street truck.
i just put the holley high ram on my truck

Name:  IMG_20130503_200039_522_zpsdeb7508c.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  72.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20130504_160449_369_zpse2bc0d2f.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  98.1 KB

i was daily driving my truck without issues until tranny went out, i did run into alot of tuning problems for idling, thanks to wheatley for getting the idle straight

Originally Posted by jmgak47
I agree with him, you do not have the converter to support one. There are gains to be had up top but the loss of low end would hurt you worse.

So you are running the factory 5.3L truck intake??? Why not a Holley Mid-Rise or Fast intake?

What is the MPH for that 13.5 pass?
hes running my old l92 truck intake ( stock ) i didnt know holley had that mid size intake when i got mine or i would have tried it i did got from topping out on rpms at 69-7k to pulling well over 7300 rpms with the high ram

I am running a factory L92 truck intake I got from skeet. Lol I feel something is holding it back, but either the tuning or the converter.
tuning, converter, gears is whats holding it back, the main one is tuning !

I know that the 4L80E has a longer first gear and I'm running 3.42 gears, but with a 60E and the circle D 3k stall it was a beast! Even the day it was dyno tuned it seemed to run much stronger than it does now.
thats definitely weird, i understand you wanting to daily drive the truck but with proper and matched parts it can happen.

On the dyno and shortly after the truck felt great, but as a few days went by it felt like it was losing power. I don't really know the best way to explain it other than the difference in a cool day right after startup and a hot day after the engine is hot. It still runs better off a cold start of course, but the difference is night and day from the day it was tuned to now.
something definitely isnt right i pulled 440 rwhp with that intake on my 6.0 stock shortblock.

sounds like it could be pulling timing for some reason hard to say without a data log, what plugs you running and at what gap? what brand 93 octane you running? you know what timing youre running at at WOT? feel free to give me a shout if ya like
Old 07-07-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Its got be your tune, 456rwhp should have you running 11.8s or so. My lq4 in my crew can had a vortech blower, but it was tuned to 460 at the wheels. It would run 12.7s at 108+ and I know it was alot heavier than what you got.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skeet
hes running my old l92 truck intake ( stock ) i didnt know holley had that mid size intake when i got mine or i would have tried it i did got from topping out on rpms at 69-7k to pulling well over 7300 rpms with the high ram
The Mid-Rise is pretty new but I think is similar to the FAST. Yeah the Hi-Ram is a bit much for a 408 without a massive stall and lots of RPM. Maybe the Edelbrock XT would have been a good choice, it is inbetween the Mid-Rise and Hi-Ram. Almost when with that myself but I think it will be fine with the extra cubes, and love it when I go solid roller.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:43 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Skeet; I have noticed that while idling my O2's show about the same, but as soon as I give it throttle one bank goes lean and one bank goes rich. I can't remember which at the moment. I run shell 91 gas. Running TR55 plugs at .05 I think... not sure on that. I have no clue on the timing. Once I get home I could possibly post a log or my tune and maybe one of you guys could tell more from that.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Skeet; I have noticed that while idling my O2's show about the same, but as soon as I give it throttle one bank goes lean and one bank goes rich. I can't remember which at the moment. I run shell 91 gas. Running TR55 plugs at .05 I think... not sure on that. I have no clue on the timing. Once I get home I could possibly post a log or my tune and maybe one of you guys could tell more from that.
Who is tuning for you?

I would not keep driving it like that, you could damage the motor if its doing what you say it is.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:14 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I don't want to put their name out there. It could be a mechanical issue. I have been reassured by many people he's one of the best in my area. Any idea on what would cause that? Injectors, header leak?

Quick Reply: Low numbers??