Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

wish me luck, time to step it up a little

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

For your efilive problems, did you down load the latest usb drivers for it when you put the software on your new laptop? I had problems like that when I didn't do that.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thats alot of kr especially for race gas
I wonder if you still get that without the N2o?
EGT guage?
I see what you mean about the fueling, pump issues?
dual tank setup?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:22 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got the latest drivers off their site.

i only spray for about .3sec so i dont think the nitrous is the problem. no egt gauge. i have the dual intank fuel pump set up. i am prety sure a fuel filter and taking the power wires to the alternator will help.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting it all fixxed up man.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Have you considered a transbrake to build boost off the line?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by parish8
i think every run was against a 10sec lightning. the run where i ran a 10.3 was against the twin turbo one with a blow thru carb. that was a very clean set up. he had ran a pile of 10.24's that day and guess what. he did it again. his 10.24 took my 10.3. my rt was a little better than his and the diference at the end was .0116 with him in the lead. it was a fantastic race and a lot of fun.
Dave said it was the best race he's ever had. Still talking about (as I type, even).

Was nice to meet you. Would've liked to have talked to you more but you were always (at least when I saw you) surrounded by an entourage. You guys took some AWESOME pics! I love this one of my tailgate:
Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
single digit dreamer

i checked the voltage at the alternator and at the battery and it is exactly the same, even if i rev it up. i dont see any point in moving any wires around.

i swaped out the fuel filter. the new one i could blow thru easy. with the old one even after leting it dry out for a couple of hours was very dificult to blow thru. i cut it open and to me it looks like the filter paper is full of mud. not where the flutes are packed or anything but if you wipe a paper towel on the elemet it leaves what looks like mud on the paper towel. i hope this fixes the fuel problem
Old 09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Banned

i change my filter every 3 m. had a friend that blew his motor and that was the only thing they found that could have did it
Old 09-26-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parish8
i checked the voltage at the alternator and at the battery and it is exactly the same, even if i rev it up. i dont see any point in moving any wires around.

i swaped out the fuel filter. the new one i could blow thru easy. with the old one even after leting it dry out for a couple of hours was very dificult to blow thru. i cut it open and to me it looks like the filter paper is full of mud. not where the flutes are packed or anything but if you wipe a paper towel on the elemet it leaves what looks like mud on the paper towel. i hope this fixes the fuel problem
Jim

Have you considered running higher gauge wire to the pumps. I would guess that the current wiring is 16 gauge - 12 or 10 gauge would make HUGE difference. Im sure the voltage is the same at the battery or at the alternator. You will have to measure voltage drop at the pumps. Typical voltage drop for wiring that long is 1-2 volts.

Good Luck - (You can always add a boost activated voltage booster)

Old 09-26-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree what Jamesbond said esp. If you have stock wiring. I dont know how your Dual pumps are wired. But if you ran some , say 10ga back there, you should get "full" voltage back there.

Good Luck to ya man!!!!

I have a Fuel Filter sittin on my back seat i got to change..

Quick Reply: wish me luck, time to step it up a little