Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Vortec Max @ the strip

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey now, I got called into a meeting before I could get down to this post.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't reading into the whole towing debate, I was more interested the performance side of things. The next time the whole debate about which is "rated" to tow more. Now don't go posting over there just to stir up this debate, let the dodge guys make the move to open up that can of worms, you know it will happen soon enough. Keep in mind it about rating to tow more, nothing to do with the engine in this case.

Also, your a big boy, you stepped into the fire on your own, and keep stepping into it at DTW, putting down people that are trying to pioneer the way to making these ram's go faster, like Hemidup's 12.4 run with the supercharged 6.4L as he tries to work out all the bugs, just not cool to rag on someone for pushing the limit. He's the first to do this, so of course he's going to break stuff, everyone with a hemi is benifiting from the work he is doing so we know which parts to get that will work.

I think you'd earn some creditbility over there if you just gave us some props for raising the dodge bar some. And remember where we have come from, a slow 5.9L that took all the bolt on's just to make into the deep 15's. My 5.9L 98 ram with a pcm, headers, exhaust, and a CAI was still slower then my hemi was stock.

You never responded to my comments over there about how my ram was able to handle weight in the the bed better then my dad's half ton chevy. I am curious to what you have to say about that. I don't tow, but I regularly load up my ram with 3/4 ton+ of rock, dirt, road crush, bricks one day then run the times I do the next day (I am willing to bet you won't see many of the faster n/a chevys here doing that) All be it more then 2000lb's is even too much for a half ton ram to hold but, 20 of those home depot retaining wall blocks felt like a comfortable limit in my ram, but was 5 blocks to much for my dad's 04 1500 chevy which was starting to bounce of the bump stops on the drive back home. You've said many times that chevy's just able to build a better truck that is lighter What I am getting at is sure, the chevy is a good 500lbs lighter then my ram, but my ram is 500lb's heavier because it is made to haul a little more weight. Dodge needs to put a more powerful engine in the ram via the hemi to get the same performance as a less powerful 5.3. Don't even get me started on how much drivetrain loss we have through our tranny, though the tranny is strong to 500hp, the amount of power lost is a joke.

06Vortexmax

I look forward to seeing you V-max run more of these impressive times with so little mods, and I hope to see a few more doing the same, would prove you don't have a factory freak. I am an info guy so if you can get your exact Air Density at the time of your run it, I'd appreciate that.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Toe
Hey now, I got called into a meeting before I could get down to this post.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't reading into the whole towing debate, I was more interested the performance side of things. The next time the whole debate about which is "rated" to tow more. Now don't go posting over there just to stir up this debate, let the dodge guys make the move to open up that can of worms, you know it will happen soon enough. Keep in mind it about rating to tow more, nothing to do with the engine in this case.

Also, your a big boy, you stepped into the fire on your own, and keep stepping into it at DTW, putting down people that are trying to pioneer the way to making these ram's go faster, like Hemidup's 12.4 run with the supercharged 6.4L as he tries to work out all the bugs, just not cool to rag on someone for pushing the limit. He's the first to do this, so of course he's going to break stuff, everyone with a hemi is benifiting from the work he is doing so we know which parts to get that will work.

I think you'd earn some creditbility over there if you just gave us some props for raising the dodge bar some. And remember where we have come from, a slow 5.9L that took all the bolt on's just to make into the deep 15's. My 5.9L 98 ram with a pcm, headers, exhaust, and a CAI was still slower then my hemi was stock.

You never responded to my comments over there about how my ram was able to handle weight in the the bed better then my dad's half ton chevy. I am curious to what you have to say about that. I don't tow, but I regularly load up my ram with 3/4 ton+ of rock, dirt, road crush, bricks one day then run the times I do the next day (I am willing to bet you won't see many of the faster n/a chevys here doing that) All be it more then 2000lb's is even too much for a half ton ram to hold but, 20 of those home depot retaining wall blocks felt like a comfortable limit in my ram, but was 5 blocks to much for my dad's 04 1500 chevy which was starting to bounce of the bump stops on the drive back home. You've said many times that chevy's just able to build a better truck that is lighter What I am getting at is sure, the chevy is a good 500lbs lighter then my ram, but my ram is 500lb's heavier because it is made to haul a little more weight. Dodge needs to put a more powerful engine in the ram via the hemi to get the same performance as a less powerful 5.3. Don't even get me started on how much drivetrain loss we have through our tranny, though the tranny is strong to 500hp, the amount of power lost is a joke.

06Vortexmax

I look forward to seeing you V-max run more of these impressive times with so little mods, and I hope to see a few more doing the same, would prove you don't have a factory freak. I am an info guy so if you can get your exact Air Density at the time of your run it, I'd appreciate that.

Maybe when you read my posts I do it in such a away you dont pick up on everything.I said i got kicked off DTW.About hemied up,I gave him crap after his first trans rebuild and asked him if he;s willing to do it 5 times 10 times or 20 suggesting he has just to much power,as you know he is a super cool cat and would never say a harsh word which he has said some nice things on there about me.I did flick it when he ran mid 12s and everyone acted like he ran what they all expected in the 11s.He was totally cool with it,others were not.Towing was a question of which was rated more ,with proof it didnt matter,it was dismissed.You VS your dad,you have stiffer spring and more engine TQ,cant be anymore complex than that.His is not rated at the high end of the scale for tow specs I suppose.On the DTW post that did me in I would like for you to go through and point out a few claims I stated that you believe are faulse.You and desteny both were on board with the others that said I lie and my facts are wrong.Can you do that?

Do you think i am a Dodge basher?If so why would I have bought 4 dodge trucks in the last 9 days?,to turn them into profit,thats why,if I hated them you would think I wouldnt be buying them.Any work they need I do it.I probably know more about dodge trucks than 90% on DTW.

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 09-29-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Come on Toe
You were on today,will you respond?
Old 10-01-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

I see this thread turned into a arguement...
Very nice times man.Looking forward to see what you do on the 17's
Also i have seen a stock RCSB run a 14.6 back to back to back.Of course that is down here in La. It might have seomthing to do with it might not.Both strong trucks ethier way.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Toe
I look forward to seeing you V-max run more of these impressive times with so little mods,.
so little mods? stock! you mean..
good luck with the stock wheels bro..
Old 10-01-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought the same thing. So little mods would be what I am running
Old 10-01-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys, I dont think I'll be able to make it over there on the 8th. My trans took a dump yesterday and I doubt Ill have it fixed by then...this sucks.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TravisH
Guys, I dont think I'll be able to make it over there on the 8th. My trans took a dump yesterday and I doubt Ill have it fixed by then...this sucks.
I might not make it either.....I will probably go with my little bro and help him out and run the camera. I am getting a little wheel hop from my rear drop.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TravisH

Travis
If you havent decided on which way to go with a trans let me know ,I have a suggestion.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

One more time for toe
I know you here at the mulitimedia area