Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

The New Setup Breaks the 10-bolt...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default The New Setup Breaks the 10-bolt...

Better late than never...this is from my trip to the track last month, which ended up with a broken Auburn Pro LSD. I had a great time just the same.

Serious race crew contemplating our chances of a big win...great temps (mid-70s) for racing but a pretty good head wind...check the standing flag.

Second run of four was the best of the day...starting with a short but intense burnout in first gear at 6k rpm.

Stalling up to 2100...

The General UHP tires were good for a 1.88 60' on this run...good weight transfer.

Nice run, but hoping for better! Btw, we both red lighted, him by a hair more than me...

"What the Hell is in that thing?!" The whole day had people gathered around checking it out...like bears to honey! With all of the different hotrods & real race cars there, it was way cool getting so much attention.

Fourth run: "Hey...did anyone else notice something different about that burnout?"

"Well, it still SEEMS to be running normal...bye-bye WS6"

Fifth run: One wheel burnout...again; stalled to 2100; laid on the gas pedal and...CLUNK! "Uh-oh...truck no go!" Sounds like a broken u-joint...thank goodness I had the foresight to install that ds loop!! "Get a little help please?"

"Say what? The driveshaft is still attached at both ends?! Hmmm...that ain't good!"

No forward gears but tried reverse and the truck moves! "C'mon gang, push me past the gate!"

Me & my navigator backing all the way to the pits...

After stopping in the pits, it would not move in forward or reverse...AAA towing to the rescue. A new Escalade 9.5" 14-bolt rearend was delivered on yesterday, and will go in asap. It has 3.42 gears and an oem Gov-Loc posi. Curious how much performance I'll lose going from the 3.90 to 3.42...we shall see. As they say, "THAT'S RACING!"

Last edited by GoatChs; 12-03-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pictures and narration Colby Nothing like showing those cocky sports car guys what a SUV can do...to ruin their day, expecially with that Sonoma headwind!
Get that baby togather and come meet up with us on Sunday!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice runs!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:31 PM
12 Second Truck Club

nice pic's colby,it is fun listening to all the coments from the pits,especially the before and after smirks!

Btw is that track level??? pic's make it look down hill.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trever1t
Great pictures and narration Colby Nothing like showing those cocky sports car guys what a SUV can do...to ruin their day, expecially with that Sonoma headwind!
Get that baby togather and come meet up with us on Sunday!
I'll do my best to get it in there...sure would help if I could get the truck into the garage instead of the street.

Originally Posted by eddie_da_chevy_guy
Nice runs!
Thanks, I enjoy racing the "Family Truckster" more than any of the cars I've had!

Originally Posted by supersub
nice pic's colby,it is fun listening to all the coments from the pits,especially the before and after smirks!
That part is hilarious. My wife said that all the guys spectating were laughing and joking about the Yukon when I first pulled up to the burnout box...then I laid on it and you could hear the Maggie WHINE and it got everyone's attention. So now they are watching to see what was going to happen. I lined up against one of the two "WS6 brothers" (one black, the other a teal color) that were out there together. When the light went green I was still futzing with getting it to stall so I had like 1.9 RT...but I passed him before the trap! My wife said everyone was going nuts over me catching him...and the thrill I got out of running him down and LOOKING at his face as I drove on by was priceless!

Originally Posted by supersub
Btw is that track level??? pic's make it look down hill.
It is actually level all the way thru the traps then uphill grade in the runoff...assists a little with getting slowed for the turnouts! lol
Old 10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

+1 if anything Infineon is uphill!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:59 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics sorry about the rear.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Breeze
Nice pics sorry about the rear.
Me too...but it will run again, and be better than ever! (or so I've sold my wife, at least)
Old 10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

my Auborn only lasted 3 days with my new set up..what actually let go in yours?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

man i beat you turn alot of heads on the street when you nail it on the side of sport cars

Quick Reply: The New Setup Breaks the 10-bolt...