Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

First time at the strip!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info! Two questions:

First, can I just put the 7.5# spring it and keep an eye on the wideband? If it's not leaning out on the wideband I should be safe, right? I ask because I've never seen it any leaner than mid 10s at WOT but my tuner still told me it's running out of fuel. I guess I just figured I'd see the wideband climbing up as RPMs came up...

Second, do I need to spend all the dough on "good" injectors like IDs or do the more affordable ones do just fine? I don't want to save a couple hundred bucks on injectors only to smoke the motor later on...

Also, my tuner is telling me that the low quality fuel around here will require me to spray meth to get to the 10# range. Could I just keep mixing E85 with the 91 pump to keep from needing the meth? FYI, I currently mix 4.25 gallons of E85 into an empty tank. Id rather not go full E85 because it's not that easy to find around here.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:51 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

The IDs are way over priced IMO. I like the Bosch injectors as long as you have the data for them. I would get the 80s or 96s from Jon at FIC so you don't have to do it twice. Might want to consider a larger fuel pump also.

You need to know what the timing is before you increase the boost.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FetzerValve
No idea what kind of power it's making as I've never had it on the dyno. My tuner is telling me that I'm already maxing out the injectors. I'm on the stock fuel system still. I had the 7.5# spring in the wastegate this past winter. The tuner said I was maxing out the injectors at 5100 rpm so I went back to the 6# spring. I'm running a blend of E85 and 91 pump gas to keep it from knocking...

There is only 91 at the pump in my area. My tuner suggested blending the E85. I've been looking for a set of used ID1000s but they are still pretty pricey and I'm afraid of smoking the trans with the bigger injectors and more boost. Is there a good budget injector or should I just spend the money on the IDs then save for the trans?
You have engaged 2 people that can help you and save you more than you know.These guys know there stuff,keep asking them questions/learn