Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

first time down the track in my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please share these little tricks with us.
Originally Posted by h777
slow.....the ones your running dont know all the little tricks like i do and dont know how to launch their truck to get 2.0s 60ft times most guys get 2.2 and 2.3 60ft times just by dropping your 60ft time from 2.3 to 2.0 you will drop 6 tenths in your 1/4 mile most dont know that , also their not running in 40 degree weather where these motors love to run......its all in the launch
Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fair enough. That does play an important factor.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

on the mods. Nice time though.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 4.8PWR
on the mods. Nice time though.
Heh, heh...whatup dude? Been a while.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h777
slow.....the ones your running dont know all the little tricks like i do and dont know how to launch their truck to get 2.0s 60ft times
With the stock 20s and a 33" tall tire with the mods you're listing make you the best driver in the world as far as I'm concerned. There is absolutely no one I know that can run those times other than you. Unfortunately for the other Hemi owners that can't do it, they will be forever victims of not knowing how to drive and settle for mid 14s with comprable mods. You need to buy a SRT-10 and set some kind of record for a stock truck, I think.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by the head
With the stock 20s and a 33" tall tire with the mods you're listing make you the best driver in the world as far as I'm concerned. There is absolutely no one I know that can run those times other than you. Unfortunately for the other Hemi owners that can't do it, they will be forever victims of not knowing how to drive and settle for mid 14s with comprable mods. You need to buy a SRT-10 and set some kind of record for a stock truck, I think.

theres a few guys over at dtw running 13s n/a with simple mods also ..........hell my older 03 longbed that weighed more ran quicker with cheap mods in the 1/4 mile n/a 13.71 at 99mph with a 2.00 60ft time...... these truck dont need nitrous to run 13s several have done it with simple bolt ons
Old 12-21-2005, 05:50 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

This is how to launch a Dodge Hemi: shallow stage, load teh converter, wit fro the grenn, go to WOT while releasing brakes, then reach for the sneaky Pete NOS system, run in the 13's. LOL

Whats your altiltude???, I am getting 2.0 60 ft times to get high 14's, I dont understand how a hemi truck can better me by a full second, esp when I have driven and raced a rcsb HEMI truck with 3.92 Suregrip equipped truck???
is this truck a Manual or automatic truck???

somethings fishy here..... Sorry, but you must understand my skepticism, your 1/8th mile time is roughly 6 tenth's quicker than mine, most of these trucks run low 15's high 14's, well over a full second with programming and a CAI, hmmm, you are asking me to go against everything I beleive in here.

WE have the exact same 60ft times, but you are gaining a full 6/10's of a second on my truck in the first 1/8 mile less 60 ft??? That really sounds like a NOS shot IMO. After the 60ft, the launch advantage is all done with, I realize it all abot the launch, and that 1 tenth in the 60 equals more than a tenth on the big end, but after the 60ft, the "launch" advantage you speak of it over with.

was there a big boost in the 5.7 litre Hemi trucks that I dont know about??

peace
Hog
Old 12-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hog
This is how to launch a Dodge Hemi: shallow stage, load teh converter, wit fro the grenn, go to WOT while releasing brakes, then reach for the sneaky Pete NOS system, run in the 13's. LOL

Whats your altiltude???, I am getting 2.0 60 ft times to get high 14's, I dont understand how a hemi truck can better me by a full second, esp when I have driven and raced a rcsb HEMI truck with 3.92 Suregrip equipped truck???
is this truck a Manual or automatic truck???

somethings fishy here..... Sorry, but you must understand my skepticism, your 1/8th mile time is roughly 6 tenth's quicker than mine, most of these trucks run low 15's high 14's, well over a full second with programming and a CAI, hmmm, you are asking me to go against everything I beleive in here.

WE have the exact same 60ft times, but you are gaining a full 6/10's of a second on my truck in the first 1/8 mile less 60 ft??? That really sounds like a NOS shot IMO. After the 60ft, the launch advantage is all done with, I realize it all abot the launch, and that 1 tenth in the 60 equals more than a tenth on the big end, but after the 60ft, the "launch" advantage you speak of it over with.

was there a big boost in the 5.7 litre Hemi trucks that I dont know about??

peace
Hog

hog.....heres a time slip from my old truck it was a 03 loaded longbed this was almost 2 years ago......there was a few people that thought i was spraying so i invited several to come out to the track and see for them selves i proved them wrong they saw my truck run ford, chevy, and dodge guys, also my hood was open all day for anyone to look for any hidden mods .......a few months after the 13.71 run i installed a nitrous kit and ran 12.44 at 108mph with a 125hp shot......it doesn't take nitrous to get these trucks into the 13s many have already done it

Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Launching!

if i had nitrous on my truck i would be ashamed to only run 13.8s because my old truck that had more weight ran 12.4s with the tool box still on the truck.......heres my old truck with nitrous running 12.4s

http://home.comcast.net/~suzukirules/Hemi777_12.49.wmv

Old 12-21-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will ask what AP2002 asked, what are your launching techniques? There is a RCSB hemi my buddy has and it has a CAI, Borla exhaust, and he pulled some TQ management wire and is barely running 14.7s.

Doesnt the Daytona come with the 275/55/20? If so that is 31.9"

Quick Reply: first time down the track in my new truck