Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

first time down the track in my new truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soquel
Thats interesting that timing is pulled if you stall the converter up, how'd you figure that out? I've always wondered what the best way to launch was, I'm never sure cuz there are no tracks anywhere near me and I have lots of launching options (3000 stall and 4wheel drive)
I have an AutoXray Scanner w/ data capture.... but then again this data may just apply to a few trucks as DC uses so many different computers with the same application.. going on memory here but I am thinking that the team at SuperChips said that we had 22 different computers w/ 32 different lookup tables for fuel and timing.. just for the 03 computers.... Talk about **** practices! So what works for my truck may only work for a handful of 03 Hemis..

TJ
Old 12-22-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Kinda a funny quincedence (sp?) but I got a auto-x ray scanner yesterday. havn't tried using it yet, gotta get some batteries. You have any tips on how to get the most out of it? I've never used one of these before. I'm gonna try to capture some launches and some idle surge problems I've been having in parking lots.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Soquel
Kinda a funny quincedence (sp?) but I got a auto-x ray scanner yesterday. havn't tried using it yet, gotta get some batteries. You have any tips on how to get the most out of it? I've never used one of these before. I'm gonna try to capture some launches and some idle surge problems I've been having in parking lots.
Well, the capture portion on my scanner is a little on the limited side, Unless your scanner is a lot better than mine ( could be ) I think that capturing your idle surge on the scanner will be a hit and miss kinda thing and then you will have to know just how to translate the fuel trim data. I had mine hooked up to the computer and was watching it while powerbraking to see the timing pull. ( Not doing this at the track, deserted road ) Mine does have the data capture mode but it is only for a short time. I just got to the point that I was watching it. Some of those scanners may have a longer capture time. A real data logger would be better and I have seen some cheap ones for sale at O'Reilys... gonna have to get one soon...
Which scanner did you get?

TJ
Old 12-23-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

oh yea, funny you should mention the surge idle problems.... My 5.3 Silvy had got them BIG time, god it is an aggravation! Hopefully HP tuners will come out with the tuning software for the Hemis and I will get the 2 vehicle application and tune that crap out of it!

TJ
Old 12-23-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry for HI-Jacking your thread Tim....

TJ
Old 12-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Truck addict

i read that you sprayed your last truck with a 125 shot if memory serves. but also if memory serves, someone pointed out that you sprayed a 250, not a 125. was this accurate info?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by goshawk23
i read that you sprayed your last truck with a 125 shot if memory serves. but also if memory serves, someone pointed out that you sprayed a 250, not a 125. was this accurate info?

no thats not accurate the biggest shot i ever sprayed in my truck was a 150hp shot which is a # 62nitrous jet.......my quickest time 12.44 was with a 125hp shot right off the line, with the 150hp shot i spun to much and only ran 12.49s because of bad traction
Old 12-23-2005, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by h777
no thats not accurate the biggest shot i ever sprayed in my truck was a 150hp shot which is a # 62nitrous jet.......my quickest time 12.44 was with a 125hp shot right off the line, with the 150hp shot i spun to much and only ran 12.49s because of bad traction
Wasn't that the big conspiracy going on? I thought someone called nx and found out the jet sizes were actually for a 250? Maybe someone will elaborate on that. How much worse was your 60ft on the 150? I had a worse 60ft on my 150 shot and still killed my times on a 125 shot.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instru...dgejetting.pdf

Here is the link to the NX jetting instructions for Dodge... and the #62 jet is 150HP

TJ
Old 12-25-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MrDestinE
oh yea, funny you should mention the surge idle problems.... My 5.3 Silvy had got them BIG time, god it is an aggravation! Hopefully HP tuners will come out with the tuning software for the Hemis and I will get the 2 vehicle application and tune that crap out of it!

TJ
I got the auto xray EZLINK pro pack, nothing fancy but I have the cables to scan any car. My surge/stall problems didn't used to be that bad, But I think the colder weather and my new intake have aggrivated it. I need to get it retuned.... I dont' get it, sometimes its fine, and sometimes it will die on start up.

Quick Reply: first time down the track in my new truck