Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

AK Test and Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AK Test and Tune

Well got me, Roger and Daniel out for the T/T tonight. Had a blast, no one broke anything (well between the 3 of us that is) and I learned I have a lot more in my motor/Procharger that I need to tap into.

I got one data log in on I believe the second run and after that I got side tracked bsing with everyone and I left my laptop on the entire time that after another pass and data logging my battery was pretty much done for. So didn't get to tweak the tune and make adjustments so I will have to do that Saturday when I go back out. My spark table is very conservative right now so wanting to slowly start tweaking that and see what I can pull.

I will update this with the videos once I edit them and upload them to Youtube.

Best run of the night was a 13.277 with a 2.12 60'. I am 2015 and Roger is 9873. Roger was full street trim and on 20's. Will let him chime in more if he would like

I want 12' and it has it in it and had I had a charged laptop I think I could have gotten it. Oh well Saturday will be fun and see what I can make happen. Really want to see a sub 2 second 60' also.

Some pics from the night. Like I said above will upload with GoPro footage once it's on Youtube.

This one I just had to laugh. Right after I get out of Tech these 3 show up and it was just like a scene out of Fast and The Furious

In The Pit

Icing it down...

GM Power

Roger about to school me on how to cut the light

I'll get him someday...

Had a blast and looking forward to Saturday. I will have a fully charged battery and will bring a spare just in case LOL.

**added video**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-HN8...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by ak2007r6; 05-24-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a good outing to me, good deal! That track is pretty damn cool looking to, great pictures.

Keep at it, 12's will likely come with some tweaking on the map.

Good luck man and keep us posted!
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

That track looks so awesome. Must be a trip with the throttle on the floor driving towards a mountain that huge right in front of you lol. And at the bags of ice. Plenty more in your setup... Did you spin on the launch?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:54 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Adam was there too, with his 12 valve Cummins powered F250. I think he ran a 12.5, but his fan ate his radiator on his third pass. He'll be looking into electric fans I think.

Oh, and I NEED that ice....

Last edited by AKlowriderZ71; 05-24-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Staging Lane

Nice day for some T/T
Hopefully we can get the boys from Anch and the valley out at the same time for some truck racing. Nice looking group of trucks !
Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by foose04
Sounds like a good outing to me, good deal! That track is pretty damn cool looking to, great pictures.

Keep at it, 12's will likely come with some tweaking on the map.

Good luck man and keep us posted!
Thanks Foose. Ya with some tweaking she will see 12's. That was my goal when I put the Procharger on so I am determined to hit it now.
Originally Posted by smokeshow
That track looks so awesome. Must be a trip with the throttle on the floor driving towards a mountain that huge right in front of you lol. And at the bags of ice. Plenty more in your setup... Did you spin on the launch?
It's a beautiful track, I love it out there.

And yea bags of ice helped a little between runs
Originally Posted by Secondhand SS
Nice day for some T/T
Hopefully we can get the boys from Anch and the valley out at the same time for some truck racing. Nice looking group of trucks !
That would be a blast.!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Adam was there too, with his 12 valve Cummins powered F250. I think he ran a 12.5, but his fan ate his radiator on his third pass. He'll be looking into electric fans I think.

Oh, and I NEED that ice....
12.55, I think I have that on video also.. have to check.

That thing was a best. Not a Ford fan but it was very impressive.

although it's got the heart of a Dodge.. so guess it's not really a Ford...
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. Just to think. I'm at 13.2 in my truck. Lol. You'll be in the 12s before you know it. Is your battery still in the stock position? If not did you have to mount a battery cutoff switch? I may move mine but I don't want to have to mount a cutoff switch if I just move it to the other side of the engine bay.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Battery is in stock spot, have never touched it.

Video against Roger with current new PB

Procharged 2011 GMC Sierra at Alaska Raceway Park - YouTube
Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool Deal man!

1st , you had a BLAST, Thats whats its all about !! I love going to the track in a truck that will out run most of the cars that show up haha.

2nd, How much boost are you running? , im sure with your combo and tweaking 12's will be an easy goal, dont sweat it.

3rd, love the GM power pic! Great looking trucks, way to rep!!!

Damn Roger did leave ya at the line! Its not easy it takes practice at the strip, each time i get better or at least more consistant.

Do your guys' blowers have a headache? Is this why you have ice on them? hahahahaha!

Looks like fun, wish i could play too.

Quick Reply: AK Test and Tune