Future Mods/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Future Mods/Advice

Just had a few questions/updates for my truck. I'm thinking it might be where I can start doing some stuff to my truck or at least do a couple of mods to it by the end of the summer. Here goes:

Engine/drivetrain: it's got the stock 5.2L with a throttle-body spacer. My plans have always been to swap either a 5.7L, 6.1L Hemi or the Viper motor in whenever the 318 gives out. The truck has got about 140k on it right now, but I don't see the little V8 giving up anytime soon (and I hope I"m not jinksing myself). Is it worth it to mod the 318 (headers, cold air kit, tune) if I plan on upgrading motors? (maybe after I get a reliable daily driver as the Ram is my DD right now)
When I upgrade motors, which would be better? I know on the 5.7 Hemi, I can get Dodge's version of Displacement on Demand where it'll get around 20 mpg, which I'd like, but if I have a DD that gets decent mileage, that might not be a major concern.
What type of headers are the best? I keep hearing everybody say go with long tube headers, but what's the advantage of them over shortys?

Body/Accessories:
I finally found a hood I like at carhoods .com, I'm going to go with the Deep Throat STS Hood (it's pretty much the SRT-10 hood for a Gen 2 Ram!) Since I'm going with the SRT-10 hood and possible SRT-10 motor, I'd like to put SRT-10 seats in it. Anyone know a good place to find some?
Also, does anyone know of a good place to get LED taillights, I've looked on eBay, but I'd like it if the whole tailight was LED instead of just the upper half (something more like what's available for newer trucks)
Which bedliner is the best? Line-X, Rhinoliner, or Herculiner?
And lastly (I hope) does anyone know of a tonneau cover that will work with a toolbox chest that's flush with the bedrails? I think I've seen soft tonneau covers that work, but are there hard tonneau covers like what the '02-08 Rams had available from the factory?

I think that's all for now, but I'd appreciate any help/adivce offered.

Last edited by trever1t; 06-29-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: non-sponsor link removed
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I broke your link to a non-sponsor site and moved your thread to the Dodge section. As for bedliners I can attest to the Line-X brand having had mine in for 5 years now and it looks and works great.