Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

Nitrous Dyno #'s!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Dyno #'s!!!

I finally took my truck to the dyno to see what I am making on the juice. I am jetted at a 125 shot, but my bottle heater was broken, and I had a nitrous leak at the bottle. My bottle pressure was only 800psi and steadily dropped throughout the pull, which made my air/fuel go WAY RICH!! I ended the pull with a 10.6 air/fuel ratio. I only made 380rwhp/470rwtq...but I fixed my heater and the leak, so I am going to go back to the dyno to see what she does now at 1000psi. The motor #'s they overlapped were from one of my lower passes. I only made 292rwhp/337rwtq on motor. My guess is that it is from the colder plugs and I dyno'd with the heavy 22's on. What do you guys think??
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Not bad for what you had going on............
Old 10-09-2005, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Here is a pic of my dyno sheet...look how that air/fuel line just steadily drops...
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous Dyno #'s!!!-nitrous-dyno.jpg  
Old 10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Can't wait to see your numbers without all the bugs!
that ought ta be cooking!
TJ
Old 10-20-2005, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MrDestinE
Can't wait to see your numbers without all the bugs!
that ought ta be cooking!
TJ
Everything is working great right now, and I had a chance to use the 125 shot on the street last night for the first time...WOW!!! I beat a WS6 by abou 4 lengths to 110mph!! We went from a 20 punch, and I pulled him from the time I hit the switch. He wouldn't stop to talk, so I dont know what he had done to it...but his exhaust was louder than my open headers, so I know he at least had a cutout...and it was dropped with some nice wheels!!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Teching In

That is some healthy power even with the weak bottle pressure... It should go over 500rwtq on the 125 though once its ironed out, shouldn't it?

And would you go with Zex or NX if you had to do it all over again? I am trying to decide if I want nitrous in the winter and which brand to go with. I figure either I can go with the LT's, Y pipe, cutout, hi flow cat setup you have or to do the nitrous for a similar price.

TTYL
(Supercharged_hp)
Old 10-20-2005, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LeadSled
That is some healthy power even with the weak bottle pressure... It should go over 500rwtq on the 125 though once its ironed out, shouldn't it?

And would you go with Zex or NX if you had to do it all over again? I am trying to decide if I want nitrous in the winter and which brand to go with. I figure either I can go with the LT's, Y pipe, cutout, hi flow cat setup you have or to do the nitrous for a similar price.

TTYL
(Supercharged_hp)
I wont hit 500rwhp with just a 125 shot. I'm guessing that I'm at about 410rwhp/530rwtq right now, but I plan to come very close to 500rwhp after I do the pulley, e-fan, cam, and custom tune.

I am very happy with the ZEX kit, but it is kinda a beginners kit. It is very easy to use and install, but I have heard that NX is the best...They give a lifetime warranty on their solenoids, and they can take high nitrous pressure levels.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Yeah not 500rwhp but 500rwtq... that's what I was thinking.

I am thinking I'll go with the nitrous because I can use it on my next vehicle also (hopefully a Cherokee SRT8 this spring, N20 + AWD + 6.1L = )

Now get that bad boy to the track
Old 10-20-2005, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LeadSled
Yeah not 500rwhp but 500rwtq... that's what I was thinking.

I am thinking I'll go with the nitrous because I can use it on my next vehicle also (hopefully a Cherokee SRT8 this spring, N20 + AWD + 6.1L = )

Now get that bad boy to the track
OK...I think I am easily making 500rwtq right now. That is going to be sick if you put nitrous on that srt-8.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Not bad man with all the little things wrong!! Cant wait to see the results with everything fixed!!!

Quick Reply: Nitrous Dyno #'s!!!