Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

CHip or Program?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHip or Program?

Hey guys not to be redundant, but im tired of this underpower'd truck
would a chip or programmer make this turd wake up a little.
I know it wont do much but any is better than what i got now.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

I am thinking that Superchips, Hypertech, and Mopar Performance have ( at least those ) some solutions for you but do not expect great gains... Mopars solution is a replacement PCM that removes TM and removes the speed limiters ( at least that is what I have been told, I am also assuming you have a 5.2/5.9 ) but they are not designed to work with major engine upgrades ad I know of no one who can reprogram them with the possible exception of B&G.
of the handhelds I would have to recommend the Superchips as they have been proven to give the greatest gains on the GEN 2 trucks.

good luck!

TJ
Old 08-19-2007, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Default is that the resistor mod?

now are you talking abou tthe resistor mod,, or an acutally addon chip?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Teching In

I would go with a b&g flash. There about $350.. If you gut the cat like you said in the other post just zip tie the oxygen sensor after the cat to the frame and plug the hole and it should not throw a code. Also have you done a basic tune up on it yet? Fuel filter, spark plugs, wires and ect?
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 AM
On The Tree

Well, i really am not willing to drop that on this truck just b/c its not a dailydriver I just want to be able to tell thats a 360 undr the hood.....would gutting the cat and putting a less restrictive air intake help much? Also i guess ima price a junkyard computer
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Resident

I am not a big fan of the B&G flash, ( perhaps that is because they had so much trouble on the 03 Hemis, a lot of people love them ) I am also not a big fan of resistor mods, I perfer instead of fooling the computer into seeing something false, giving it a much cooler air charge instead.
If you have a daily driver and are not willing to go thru the trouble of codes and compromises to get around them you may wish to get a Hiflow Cat and muffler as the GEN 2 were really restrictive in that area.
oh, and no I was not talking about anything addon, The Mopar Computer is a completely different PCM that replaces the stock unit and you must take it to the dealer to have your Vin flashed to it or your A/C will not work and other things.

TJ
Old 08-20-2007, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

Default thanks

yeah I meant ima do the resistor and either put some tubing for a CAI or just plae a filter directly over the trottle body.. and I'm sure will a gutted cat mess with me come with inspection time?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fbodynightmare
yeah I meant ima do the resistor and either put some tubing for a CAI or just plae a filter directly over the trottle body.. and I'm sure will a gutted cat mess with me come with inspection time?
Look at AirRams products for a resistor wire and CAI...... I really do not know of a truly reliable way to gut the cats on a Dodge Product and not get codes... perhaps someone here will know more about it that I.

TJ