Notices
Classic Trucks '47-'98 GM Trucks - Performance | Conversions | General Discussion

LS1 / 4L80E in a 63 Pick up (Pics and build up thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIL SS
Working on wiring today (oh joy).. I picked up a brand new A4 harness. Last night I stripped all the tape and loom off of it and zip tied it to keep it together. I have marked what I feel are the needed wires to tap in to and have a whole list of wires to remove. That is todays project among other things.

This is what I am thinking right now
Green = wires I need to tap in to
Red = Remove
Black = leave alone
http://73-ls1.com/63truck/harness_changes.xls

I won't be tapping in to the green ones right away. I need to get the motor / tranny back in (flexplate should be here on Wed along with a few other tranny parts). Then I will simply detach the connector end of the green wires and route them where they need to go.

I'll be deleting VATS, Smog, Air Pump, EGR, Rear O2's and other misc all together via HP tuners.
LIL SS it looks awesome I am working on a 70 on my part. I have everything in there I just need to connect all the electrical connections. I was not planning on removing any of the wiring just getting an old fuse block from an truck and pluging that in. may be you can take a look at my thread and make some comments on it.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=385190
Old 04-04-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LIL SS
Working on wiring today (oh joy).. I picked up a brand new A4 harness. Last night I stripped all the tape and loom off of it and zip tied it to keep it together. I have marked what I feel are the needed wires to tap in to and have a whole list of wires to remove. That is todays project among other things.

This is what I am thinking right now
Green = wires I need to tap in to
Red = Remove
Black = leave alone
http://73-ls1.com/63truck/harness_changes.xls

I won't be tapping in to the green ones right away. I need to get the motor / tranny back in (flexplate should be here on Wed along with a few other tranny parts). Then I will simply detach the connector end of the green wires and route them where they need to go.

I'll be deleting VATS, Smog, Air Pump, EGR, Rear O2's and other misc all together via HP tuners.
maybe you should keep pin 45 and use it as a 5v reference for your wide band .
Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

have u thought about running f-body headers, cant tell if theres is enough room from the pics. BTW, you stole my idea. i have been looking for a 60-63 to throw a LS into. I finally found a sweet 61 apache for $500, i really dig the ugly hood. it looks alot better in the owners field than it would at my house, so im saving enough to get a good start on the truck when i get it.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Beef, take a look at post #32.. You'll see I made some changes and went with Edelbrock 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped HVMC headers.

Des, I have HP tuners with the wideband interphase. Once I get the tune nailed, I want nothing via the interior or exterior to really yell "I have a forged LS1 with a big hit of N20" so stock guages, stock radio, stock bench seat.. But I guess the fuel cell kind of stands out. Hmmm Better they see it when i'm in front I guess
Old 04-05-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

I can't even tell you how fuggin sic I think your truck is. I am partial to that body style and I love the genIII motor in anything especially an old classic!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:31 PM

Sweet project I'm getting ready to start a 69 chevy short bed. I've got a 6.0 out of a 2002 ss. need lots of advice if any one has any halp let me know thanks dusty
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Dusty,

Good luck with the build.. Someday I'll get the little BS stuff I need finished and drive it..

I'm assuming that 6.0 is out of a SS truck?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Seeing this post the other day got me back in gear.. There is a car show near me on the 25th and I'm going to try and fire it before then. Went and bought a bunch of little things I needed today.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Burger Barn?
Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Lovin this build. Updates?

Quick Reply: LS1 / 4L80E in a 63 Pick up (Pics and build up thread)