Alberta

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swift700
You can catch up on my ride here:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...tblock-478266/

I think some guys bought some land up by Crossiron mall and will have a world-class 1/4 mile track built by 2014. For now I just want to run an 11-second pass up at Castrol this spring. I have 1 7/8" headers and a 4-inch exhaust to go on and will be doing some more tuning after that.

Guys, we should get together one of these days. I have HP tuners and have installed a couple of superchargers, done the 80E swap, converter upgrades and all of that junk. I just put in a new trans but I wouldn't recommend the a-hole who rebuilt it. The tranny is good but the guy is a flake. I have another one in the garage that I'm going to build myself as a backup.
Wow that's a nice looking engine. D&w definitely do good work. I've taken some heads to them before! We should setup a meet sometime. My trucks pretty well good to go whenever!
What area of town are you in?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Where are you guys getting your tunning done? I would use an online tunner but I would rather get it done here in town if there is a good tunner around.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K
and i've got a couple friends in the Westlock area
My condolences on that.

I am from near a crummy little hamlet called Pickardville..... not in it but about 4 miles from it.
Rides are my signature. 04 is getting a turbo setup, cam and convertor. Just finalizing sizing and should be ordering parts this week.

Negative on clubs and meets. I used to frequent Castrol a few years ago with my SRT8 but sold it and stopped going. I took the GTP out last year and just failed at traction but still got a 14.5 out of it. black04 is from St Albert and him and I hang out occasionally. He gets to help install the turbo on my truck since he did it once already, lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jroctpb
Where are you guys getting your tunning done? I would use an online tunner but I would rather get it done here in town if there is a good tunner around.
Buy the software and do it yourself is my best suggestion on that.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jroctpb
I have the efi live autocal from black bear performance and I'm quite happy with it.
Whenever I do dyno stuff I go to tilley over by brooks and deal with westers garage. He's a good guy with fair prices.
But if you have the patience to learn which I might try someday get the efi live and tune it yourself like vmax said
Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you guys getting your tuning done? I would use an online tuner but I would rather get it done here in town if there is a good tuner around
Toma is the go to guy in Calgary. He gained me an extra 50hp on his dyno after my lame attempt at street tuning with HP tuners. He prefers EFI Live but will tune if you have HP Tuners.

I'm in the NW.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

I'm out in Cochrane. I'm just finishing up my S480-96mm 1.32 A/R upgrade in the next day or two but it doesn't look like mother nature is going to let me drive it until after the holidays.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FrostKing
I'm out in Cochrane. I'm just finishing up my S480-96mm 1.32 A/R upgrade in the next day or two but it doesn't look like mother nature is going to let me drive it until after the holidays
That's pretty sweet man! You may be able to bring it out to.cruise but not a chance for testing that turbo!
I've got a friend who recently purchased out in cochrane. He's got a black nnbs on a 3" lift with black wheels and blacked out grille. Maybe you've seen his truck?

So looks like we've got people all over the place! Now we just gotta find a central location for a meet!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

There. KB kit with a PT 76/75 .96 A/R turbo is now on order. Now I need to get the cam and convertor, fuel system, methanol injection and odds and ends on order. I guess I technically have a set of LS9 head gaskets coming too, lol.

Last edited by 1994Vmax; 12-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Wow some pretty sweet rides rolling around or being built around here.

Quick Reply: Alberta