BBQ, FOOD, RECIPES, DRINKS, & PARAPHERNALIA A place to share your favorite recipes, grills, stoves, sporks, and whatever else feeds our need to make our belly feel good.

Carnitas

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carnitas

Well February 22nd is national margarita day. I didnt just make it up google it. So we are having a small party and I want to make some pork carnitas but cant find a recipe that sounds correct to me. I know there are some hispanic members on here or some members around large hispanic communities just looking for recipe recommendations.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carnitas!!!!! Ok this is the way my pops makes it first things first ur gonna need a BIG Cooper dish and you will fill have of it with lard you can use a small propane burner for this, normally we do the baby back ribs but we have them cut them to 2lbs chunks once the lard starts to boil put salt on the meat then they go in the dish oh and the temp shouldn't be to high for this either cook until you see them like a solid brown color on the out side and we use a big wooden spoon to move things around hope this helps a lil

Last edited by 62nalide; 02-11-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 62nalide
carnitas!!!!! Ok this is the way my pops makes it first things first ur gonna need a BIG Cooper dish and you will fill have of it with lard you can use a small propane burner for this, normally we do the baby back ribs but we have them cut them to 2lbs chunks once the lares starts to boil put slat on the meat then they go in the dish oh and the temp shouldn't be to high for this either cook until you see them like a solid brown color on the out side and we use a big wooden spoon to move things around hope this helps a lil
^^^ same way we do them lol