THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Having trouble deciding on a new DD, or?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Even strictly as a commuter vehicle unless you need a truck for what youre doing the car route would be a much better option, not to mention they are typically more comfortable on long trips, though i will say the 02 suburban and avalnache i had were both quite comfortable, as is my 99 and every other gm truck i have owned..... best of them fuel mileage wise on the highway sadly was the 8.1 avalanche... could put a little over 1000 miles on it before i had to fill it up, but around town was a much different story!!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dd is a 2001 2.2 sonoma 5 speed, bought it used with like 140k on the clock has around 180k now , i change the oil every 3 to 4 thousand miles and it still runs good. I drive the **** out of it put around 400 to 500 miles a week on it, cost me around 20$ to 30$ a week depending on gas prices. Only big things ive had to replace so far are ball joints and u joints..knock on wood.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Even strictly as a commuter vehicle unless you need a truck for what youre doing the car route would be a much better option, not to mention they are typically more comfortable on long trips, though i will say the 02 suburban and avalnache i had were both quite comfortable, as is my 99 and every other gm truck i have owned..... best of them fuel mileage wise on the highway sadly was the 8.1 avalanche... could put a little over 1000 miles on it before i had to fill it up, but around town was a much different story!!
1000 miles b/t fillups? How big was the AUX tank?