FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Mounted new Vent Can for Turbo setup...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Mounted new Vent Can for Turbo setup...

... this outta do for now. The drivers side vavle cover and the LS6 valley cover will be routed to the catchcan thats hooked up to intake vacuum. Incidently I just drained my catch can for the first time... and I had probably 1 1/2 cups of oil in it.

Anyway, made a little bracket for the Moroso vent can and mounted it to the passengers side frame in front of the A/C compressor. Came out nice I thought. I mounted it low for a couple of reasons. One, I did not want the nasty vent smell coming into the cabin from the A/C. It should route underneath the engine at speed. 2nd, I did not want to mount the can anywhere near the turbo... and mounting it on the drivers side would have made the hose really long. I figure if/when I am ready for more boost I'll do the same thing to the drivers side cover. Here are a few pics... enjoy.

(edit) Oh ya, the billet aluminum fill cap was an ebay special I drilled and tapped (3/4 NPT) for the -12 hose. I thought it was better than drilling/tapping the plastic cap... and for $16 plus shipping it wasn't a bad deal at all.

Bill

Old 06-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice install as usual, I plan on doing basically the same thing but welding a bung to my valley cover since Ill be running a vic jr and be able to clear a large fitting in the front.

You tied the hose off the ls6 valley cover into the nipple on the valve cover correct?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Nice install as usual, I plan on doing basically the same thing but welding a bung to my valley cover since Ill be running a vic jr and be able to clear a large fitting in the front.

You tied the hose off the ls6 valley cover into the nipple on the valve cover correct?
Thanks bro. Sounds like a great idea welding a bung on the valley cover. Right now my passenger cover and LS6 valley cover are tied into a common small vent breather. It was a temporary setup until I got the -12 stuff installed. I had planned on plugging the passenger cover port and then running the LS6 valley cover vent over to the drivers side valve cover, tie it in there, and then into the catch can that is hooked up to manifold vacuum. We'll see how that works

Bill
Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You running a one check valve on the manifold vacuum line?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 PM

Yes, a Krank Vent check valve
Old 07-03-2007, 07:34 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

looks good bro, what is the path again?

where is it hooked up to intake vacuum?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:06 PM

Here is a rough drawing of my setup. The vent can is not tied into intake vacuum.

Bill

Old 07-03-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Where did you get the fitting that screws into your oil fill hole, the one that the blue anodized fitting is screwed into? Custom or bought?
Nice work.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

what are you using for the other valve on the passenger side cover? whats the extra valve coming fromt the side of the driver side valve covr?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:30 AM

Tim,
Are you referring to the aluminum oil fill cap? Thats an ebay special. Do a search for "LS1" on ebay and you'll see them.

Chase,
Are you referring to the port on the valve cover that used to go to the back of the throttlebody in stock form? If so, I capped that port off as the -12 line I have attached to the oil fill cap has plenty venting capability. I don't understand your second question. Are you referring to the Krank Vent check valve? Thats a one way check valve to prevent boost from entering the crank case.

Bill

Quick Reply: Mounted new Vent Can for Turbo setup...