FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

Modifying returnless bucket for return

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 08:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by chris99gmc
...Can the bigger bucket be used in a 99-02 Tank?
No.
Or is the opening too narrow to fit the larger bucket through?
Yes.
Or can the hole be enlarged and used with a modified or later model locking ring?
No.

Just get the newer tank. Cheap at the junkyard.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read through this whole thread as I'm about to do the return less to return swap myself. There is some great pics and info in here. I'm also going to be running a -6 feed and using the factory line as return but there's a few choices out there for fuel line, what are most people using? Also if anyone happens to have a brief run down of the fittings they used Id greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Y-B-Slow
Just read through this whole thread as I'm about to do the return less to return swap myself. There is some great pics and info in here. I'm also going to be running a -6 feed and using the factory line as return but there's a few choices out there for fuel line, what are most people using? Also if anyone happens to have a brief run down of the fittings they used Id greatly appreciate it.
Russell makes adapters for -6 and -8 steel braided PTFE hose. You can also use the push-loc stuff. Get the Russell adapters for 3/8" or 5/16" gm quick disconnects that have the threaded locking rings, Not the ones with the plastic inserts. From my experience, they're much better.. Just Stay away from Fragola or any Chinese brand fittings. Also make sure whatever hose you go with is compatible/rated for use with gas(or whatever fuel you're using). Summit should have everything you need in stock.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Russell makes adapters for -6 and -8 steel braided PTFE hose. You can also use the push-loc stuff. Get the Russell adapters for 3/8" or 5/16" gm quick disconnects that have the threaded locking rings, Not the ones with the plastic inserts. From my experience, they're much better.. Just Stay away from Fragola or any Chinese brand fittings. Also make sure whatever hose you go with is compatible/rated for use with gas(or whatever fuel you're using). Summit should have everything you need in stock.
Those Russell push lock fittings are exactly what I was looking for to use my factory feed as return, thank you. I think I'm going to call Lonnie's performance for the line/filter/FPR and hotwire.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

What's your issue with Fragola?
Old 01-26-2018, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LongBlue
Fuel pump relays were added and get a signal from the ECM to energize them. Have to use relays with diodes across the coil to prevent collapsing voltage spikes from relay coils deenergizing.

FPCM fuse gets pulled and some codes get deleted and other tune related items have to be accounted for. Blackbear did that before I was FI.

Hope this helps a bit.
Bringing this up from the dead. Is this the same procedure for a 2005? Can you just pick up the signal wire at the OEM fuel pump plug and use that to turn the relay on? Remove the FPCM fuse and adjust the tune to keep the pressure static?
Old 04-17-2018, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
What's your issue with Fragola?
They tend to leak at the o-rings... I've had more than a couple Fragola fittings leak. From what I read, I'm not the only one with these experiences either.

I like Orb and Russell. Never had any issues with them and can reuse them all day long.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:02 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Bumping this back up for those in need.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good info, I just reached the limit of my flex fuel pump with 115# injectors. Looks like I’m doing a dual 450 with one on a hobbs. eBay has some good fuel buckets for those looking to experiment on the task (me), picked one up exact part numbers as mine for 35$.