Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

Where to find the best deal on a 383 Stroker kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find the best deal on a 383 Stroker kit?

Ok, I picked up a car for a fairly decent price earlier in the year. I traded a friend a rear end and an intake for this complete motor that is the core of my build. The motor is a 1992 GM 350 block, 2 pc rear main seal, 4 bolt main block. It is in the machine shop getting bored .30 over right now, and getting the heads cleaned up. I got this motor from him because it had a complete set of Performer RPM heads, Performer intake, 1.5" roller rockers, and a matching (unused) Edelbrock 750 CFM carb. All worth more than the rear end and intake that I gave up for them. What I'm asking for is some help in picking out my 383 Stroker kit. I'm fairly new to building engines, So I would like some help in getting this started on the right foot. On a side note, the guy boring out, and cleaning up my heads and block did one of the motors for the Drag Race high reality show that was on Speed TV. Cool guy, and his name is Guy.

My goals are to have a reliable 450HP 383 stroker.
Compression should be around 11:5:1 area because of aluminum heads.

Parts I have: 350 Block, bored .30 over.
Performer RPM heads: Link here ------> Performer RPM Heads
Performer RPM matching 750 CFM Carb : Link here ------------> Performer Carb
Performer Intake: Link here--------> Performer Intake

I would like to work with what I have already, but I am willing to switch some things around.

What else do I need to get this going in the right direction, and where can I find the best deals on them?

Here is what its all going into eventually. I'm building this for my wife. She is an awesome person and she is in Iraq at the moment. So, I would love to have this done by mid September when she gets back. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

1981 Corvette C3