WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Dove off into the Wabbit hole

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll go ahead and suggest loading up on some 110gr v max bullets. I use those with awesome results. They are rough on anything that has a pulse. Lol loading them with 20.5 grains of h110 power. I think me and Nonnie clocked those at 2175 fps...
Old 09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea those are wicked. I tried some in my 308. They are wicked!! And shot great!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
This thing is going to be heavy anyway with the suppressor, im not lugging this thing through the woods stalking stuff. Just a fun toy, and a bench gun. Itll make it out to the deer stand but thats about it.

So who makes top quality BCGs? Im finding lots of brands Ive never heard of in my searches.
WMD NiB-X Bolt Carrier Group
LMT Full-Auto Bolt Carrier Assembly (Complete)
The JP bolts here
Bolt parts/BCG's
Spikes that looks ot be in stock
Spikes Tactical Nickel Boron HPT/MPI M16 BCG (5.56)
that LMT looks hideous. I wouldn't want that in my billet gun at all, WMD is said to be good, fail zero is as well, Spikes too, but I will no longer buy from them. I have a fucked lower that they refuse to do anything with. It's clearly their **** up, as no upper fits right. I will never buy from them again, nor run their stuff.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lglowe
I'll go ahead and suggest loading up on some 110gr v max bullets. I use those with awesome results. They are rough on anything that has a pulse. Lol loading them with 20.5 grains of h110 power. I think me and Nonnie clocked those at 2175 fps...
Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Yea those are wicked. I tried some in my 308. They are wicked!! And shot great!
Ive had good luck with teh Vmax line in other calibers, I look forward to trying them in this gun. Ought to be pretty tough. Buying this gun has set back buying some of my reloading stuff a bit but hopefully next month I can afford to get some of that stuff heading this way.
Originally Posted by texasglock23
that LMT looks hideous. I wouldn't want that in my billet gun at all, WMD is said to be good, fail zero is as well, Spikes too, but I will no longer buy from them. I have a fucked lower that they refuse to do anything with. It's clearly their **** up, as no upper fits right. I will never buy from them again, nor run their stuff.
Ive got the BCM BCG headed this way as well as this matched set from riflegear, I just happened to email them on the day that they got a shipment of them in so Im good for all the hard to find parts.
Rainier Arms™ | Browse | Receivers - Lowers | Mega Billet Upper / Ambi Lower / CH - Combo
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a several broken parts in my spikes 22 upper. I took a pic and explained what happened. I got a reply saying the new part is in the mail. Thats happened three times. The last time the guy ask how bad was i abusing the gun and apologized for the repeted broken parts.
Ive bought thousands of dollars of stuff from them without a problem. You must have talked to the wrong guy haha
Old 09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good deal man, glad you got them all! Jealous for sure

Nonnie

Miles Stump
Kane Tierney
8 emails total, they sent me a rear take down pin, that was all!

Problem is all uppers won't fit on the lower and allow the pin to be installed easily. I have to beat it with a hammer, and a punch to get it out.

I have ran 4 uppers on this lower, they ALL do the same thing. They tried blaming it on my ARP upper, slapped a PSA, Spikes, and another from a friend he built
Old 09-19-2012, 10:21 PM

Primary arms is having a sale so I order a couple metal mags from them, magpuls, maglula and this rail
https://www.primaryarms.com/Yankee_H...p/yhm-9636.htm
Also ordered an upper parts kit, stock parts kit and a lower parts kit w/o trigger group, all from primary arms.

Also made another decent sized order with Midway. Got a geissele SSA-E trigger, along with a barrel wrench, armorers action block, magpul miad grip, a noveske hat, sportear ear plugs and a couple ammo cans. Also order a box of these
HSM Ammo 300 AAC Blackout 110 Grain Hornady V-Max Box of 20
Just to give me some inspiration and something to stare at

All I believe I need now is a stock. Probably just steal the one off my other AR for now. Think Im going to go with the magpul PRS eventually but I dont need it right now and Ive got plenty to keep me busy.

Just need to decide on a flash suppressor, theres so dang many of them out there I have no idea what to go with. I hope Im happy with this thing once its done, its cost me almost double what Ive got into my PSA rifle. Its not bad though considering the quality of parts Ive got in it and the fact that Im building the entire thing this time is saving me a ton of money too.

Im pretty sure this build has put off any of my truck stuff for quite some time, especially once I start getting the stamps processed and a can on the way. Oh well, I think Ill have more fun with this thing.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

There was just a thread discussing FS on 68forums, I can link you if you are interested, or google flash suppressor and 68forums together
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 PM

BCG came in
Name:  IMAG0911_zpsbb523226.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  86.3 KB
Pretty dang fast shipping from BCM. Damn barrel is taking forever to get here. For some reason it shows it was shipped via UPS to the post office then the post office is going to deliver it, but its going to take 4 days to go from the post office to my house
Old 09-21-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Post office...there's your problem. USPS for shipping is hit or miss.

Quick Reply: Dove off into the Wabbit hole