Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Wiring guru's chime in please(Tcm Removed)

Old 06-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring guru's chime in please(Tcm Removed)

The truck is an Nnbs 2007 Rcab, for more info go to the link at the bottom.

The Situation:

Installed a Proefi Ecm piggybacked with stock ecu, everything is good to go on that area and wanted the aftermarket ecu to control the 4l80 transmission. The 4l80 circular connector is hooked up to the aftermarket ecu.

I removed the Tcm because there was no need for it to stay in the truck anymore. There is a gear selector connector on the transmission that has wires that send ground signal to the stock Tcm to know which gear the transmission is in.

The Problem:

The truck wont crank, which I am pretty sure the the stock ecu needs a signal from trans to know that it is in Park. The gear indicator in the dash doesnt show which gear its in.

There is 4 wires and they're called (Transmission range A,B,C,P) that sends all ground signals to certain gears that are not hooked up to anything.

I've been raping on that thing for weeks to get it done and now I got this and I cant figure a way to get it running
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Sounds like you need to bypass the neutral safety switch, or at least, make the pcm think its in park.

Does it crank and not start, or not even try to start?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Sounds like you need to bypass the neutral safety switch, or at least, make the pcm think its in park.

Does it crank and not start, or not even try to start?
Yeah that's what I need to do and gauge gear indicator is not showing underline dash.

I attached the pinout with box to the side that with wires that goes to the gray connector on the side.
Attached Thumbnails Wiring guru's chime in please(Tcm Removed)-tcm-pinout-modfied1.png