Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Dominator setup definitely sounds like the ticket! Plus its got the capabilities of running an electronically controlled automatic transmission all in one unit.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't just turn the key and run it. You still need to build a base fuel/spark map and let it self tune from there. Once it is driveable, you can drive it for 15 min or so and transfer the self tuning fuel map over to the main table. You do that over and over again until it is tuned. You still will have to control the entire spark table and all other tables in the program. I believe the self tuning only covers fuel.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

All the I/O and dataloging capabilities is amazing. When your data logging, it logs everything and is really fast..
On my truck all the I/O where going to have is fuel pressure for the motor, fuel pressure at my stand alone fuel system for the nitrous, nitrous pressure, driveshaft speed, G-force, pan vacuum, 2 step/trans brake interrupt, trans temp, fan#1, and fan#2.. Going to be really cool to datalog all those during a run. All the switched 12 volt, power distribution, and relay boards will be products from Leash Electronics. If you've never heard of them, google them, they have some really cool products..

Last edited by dirt track racer 81; 08-21-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

are you planning to run the dominator setup with your 4150 style throttle body? It's a big up front cost, but this thing could convince me to come back to EFI one day on a hotrod. especailly if i ever decide to jump into the F/I world. for now, i couldnt be happier with how a carburetor tunes/runs.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yea run it with my 4150 tb.. All the PCM needs is a tps.. I like the nitrous controls it has.. A lot simpler and easier to use..
Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 AM

what other features does it have for nitrous control? the coolest thing i see is the ability to fine tune AFR with the click of a button instead of having to change jets. but beyond that, i have no clue.

but 3k$. ouch!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tyler, are you saying youre gona setup a trans brake interrupt output to act like a bump box?
Old 08-21-2014, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
what other features does it have for nitrous control? the coolest thing i see is the ability to fine tune AFR with the click of a button instead of having to change jets. but beyond that, i have no clue.

but 3k$. ouch!
If you have something go wrong with your fuel solenoid or it doesn't activate, the PCM will compensate and add fuel with the injectors, I'm not sure but if it gets too rich it might even pull fuel, I'd had to read up on it more.. It does have rich and lean cut off. You can do up to 4 stages of nitrous progressed by time or rpm. The main reason why I want it is because it have individual cylinder timing and fuel control. Since we tune off the hottest plug, I can go in and command more timing on my colder holes. I've got some cylinders I can add another 1.5-2 degrees to. Also if one cylinder is leaner or richer than the other I can go in to certain cylinders and richen or lean that cylinder.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
tyler, are you saying youre gona setup a trans brake interrupt output to act like a bump box?
Haven't figured out how it will be set up, but the Holley activates the nitrous by tps, when I get on the trans brake I don't need the nitrous to activate untill I release the trans brake button.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:11 PM

i see. getting into the FINE tuning. why not just run a dry kit through the dominator? nitrous solenoids on every corner of your crosshair. then you're only tuning by injectors and not some unmetered fuel being pumped through the intake. or possibly even better, a dry direct port??? just farting out thoughts at this point.

Quick Reply: Who here runs the Holley Dominator EFI?