PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   What am I doing wrong STFT (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/what-am-i-doing-wrong-stft-550788/)

Jonblarc7 11-03-2017 09:10 PM

What am I doing wrong STFT

2 Attachment(s)
I've been working on STFT because mine seem to be all over the place. But no matter how many time I log and copy and paste nothing seems to be getting better. In fact today I logged it one more time and turned the MAF back on and everything else. The log I took then was so bad. As soon as I got into it. It would go full KR. Here is the guide I have been using to do the STFT

here is the log before I took it out of open loop and the tune

Then the log after open loop the ride home that sucked. It's a hacked up tune. I was trying to straighten out from two different people. But I'm a noob. If I need to just start over just tell me.

Jonblarc7 11-03-2017 09:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the terrible ride home log

Atomic 11-04-2017 01:46 AM

Do you have a wideband sensor? If not I recommend one, if nothing else it can give you an idea of how far off you are during enrichment fueling and acts as sort of a referee so you have someone to believe.

It was hard to tell what all changed between the first and second log, but basically you want to disable the MAF (which is not disabled in the tune above), I like to disable long term fuel trims, and tune the VVE by using the STFTs until they are reasonably close (+/- 3 or 4) as it will never be perfect. Once you get the VVE table straightened out then turn the MAF back on and tune the MAF. Once that is done you can turn the LTFTs back on if you want but I typically leave them off unless I expect the tune will never be messed with again.

Jonblarc7 11-04-2017 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, here is the tune with the MAF disabled. I found a wide Aergo wideband local used for 120 so I'll pick it up.

Jonblarc7 11-06-2017 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Why does my MAF table look like this. All other example I find of a MAF table don't level off at the top.

Atomic 11-06-2017 09:12 AM

If its not at the MAF limit it has a constant value in there. Looks like the whole thing was scaled 20% or something though so the top third of the curve is truncated at the MAF limit.

Jonblarc7 11-06-2017 09:58 AM

Ok thanks

Jonblarc7 11-07-2017 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm just going to ask my question here instead of starting another thread.

So I've been logging STFT and MAF. They are doing much better.

What do I do about random KR? This is a log after doing some MAF tuning. When I first pull out I get on it pretty good and it shows no knock. then at the 1:04 mark. I'm just cruising down the road, not accelerating or even going up a hill. Truck starts pulling 5 degrees of KR.

What would cause this?

madmann26 11-07-2017 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7 (Post 5423586)
So I'm just going to ask my question here instead of starting another thread.

So I've been logging STFT and MAF. They are doing much better.

What do I do about random KR? This is a log after doing some MAF tuning. When I first pull out I get on it pretty good and it shows no knock. then at the 1:04 mark. I'm just cruising down the road, not accelerating or even going up a hill. Truck starts pulling 5 degrees of KR.

What would cause this?

Have you removed 5 degrees from the affected tables and logged again? If it's still there it's false knock and your knock sensors need to be desensitized.

Have you disabled burst knock?

Fullpower 11-07-2017 07:04 PM

Burst Knock is the debbil