Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

which upgrade wait4me or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OUT2WIN
I just wish my rear 02's were shut off on the first tune....and on the second......maybe the third time?

Old 11-05-2005, 10:03 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i would be kinda pissed about that...it costs you in shipping every time he forgets something
Old 11-06-2005, 12:41 AM
hog
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=1slow01Z71]I posted up about my truck racing a westers tuned truck and I outran him even though he had the upper hand with weight and tires size. So IMO Nelson ahs a better tune since I was able to beat him with my disadvantage. The trucks were equal we ran in 4hi so there was NO spinning I took him by 2-3 trucks to a little over 100. What more proof do you want?

I wish I could offer up my truck for this since I will be in the houston area where there are many dynos test on and everything but my truck is/will be far from stock. [/QUOTE

there are still way too many variables in your comparison. The list of variables could fill a page. the only way to compare tunes, is to be at the drags strip, using the same truck, with excatly the same fuel level for each run, tested at exactly the same temperature both ambient and engine, trans.

peace
Hog
Old 11-06-2005, 06:39 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get the whole, compare the tunes for the "real" data, but most would, and has argued that Allen is not only a great tuner, but the best in helping out with your truck in general. Give you advise, telling you results of bolt on he has seen and helping you find parts, that is why I stand by a Nelson tune. Not because of the tune, but because of the help that comes with it.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Just bring it to HRP on Nov. 20th. Then talk.

Jim
First, I dont live in TX and will not be driving all the way out there for anything.

Second - Not sure what this means anyway.

Did not say I was faster (IMO, fast is with my cars, not in what tows the fast, hauls the dogs, carries the mountain bikes, etc. - my truck), had a better tune, wanted to race you....nada.

Third - you did'nt answer the questions.

From these I can only conclude that, 4th - You are indeed an aspiring politician.

Old 11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
I get the whole, compare the tunes for the "real" data, but most would, and has argued that Allen is not only a great tuner, but the best in helping out with your truck in general. Give you advise, telling you results of bolt on he has seen and helping you find parts, that is why I stand by a Nelson tune. Not because of the tune, but because of the help that comes with it.

amen brother...
Old 11-07-2005, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Allen had a newbie come to HIS forum and ask for help. Allen still gave him help diagnosing after the newbie admitted to using the competitor.... And after the guy figured out the new PCM was bad Allen asked him to send info on his results...

Customer Service... Need we say more!!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jethro_3
Allen had a newbie come to HIS forum and ask for help. Allen still gave him help diagnosing after the newbie admitted to using the competitor.... And after the guy figured out the new PCM was bad Allen asked him to send info on his results...

Customer Service... Need we say more!!!!

yes...another bad pcm
Old 11-07-2005, 08:17 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=hog]
Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I posted up about my truck racing a westers tuned truck and I outran him even though he had the upper hand with weight and tires size. So IMO Nelson ahs a better tune since I was able to beat him with my disadvantage. The trucks were equal we ran in 4hi so there was NO spinning I took him by 2-3 trucks to a little over 100. What more proof do you want?

I wish I could offer up my truck for this since I will be in the houston area where there are many dynos test on and everything but my truck is/will be far from stock. [/QUOTE

there are still way too many variables in your comparison. The list of variables could fill a page. the only way to compare tunes, is to be at the drags strip, using the same truck, with excatly the same fuel level for each run, tested at exactly the same temperature both ambient and engine, trans.

peace
Hog
Whatever dude I see where you are from and why you keep dismissing this race with a WESTERS tuned truck since you are form Canada. It comes down to simple facts he weighed more had smaller diameter tires we had the same mods both with 5.3s in our trucks and I beat him by 2-3 trucks. Your right things werent equal he had an advantage but I still beat him.He was racing me he did floor it we both let up at 100 and I was ahead end of story

Next Nelson gives unparalleled customer support he trouble shoots problems that have NOTHING to do with his tune and gives advice on things un-tune related. Everyone is entitiled to there opinion you like Westers I like Nelson I can respect your opinion on this subject. I will never anythign but a Nelson tune in any GM vehicle that own inless I start learning HPT which is whole different story

I have had 9 pcms tuned from Allen none of which were bad and will soon have my 10th seems odd that alot of these other tuners have so many "bad" pcms
Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=1slow01Z71]
Originally Posted by hog
Whatever dude I see where you are from and why you keep dismissing this race with a WESTERS tuned truck since you are form Canada. It comes down to simple facts he weighed more had smaller diameter tires we had the same mods both with 5.3s in our trucks and I beat him by 2-3 trucks. Your right things werent equal he had an advantage but I still beat him.He was racing me he did floor it we both let up at 100 and I was ahead end of story

Next Nelson gives unparalleled customer support he trouble shoots problems that have NOTHING to do with his tune and gives advice on things un-tune related. Everyone is entitiled to there opinion you like Westers I like Nelson I can respect your opinion on this subject. I will never anythign but a Nelson tune in any GM vehicle that own inless I start learning HPT which is whole different story

I have had 9 pcms tuned from Allen none of which were bad and will soon have my 10th seems odd that alot of these other tuners have so many "bad" pcms
I really dont see that me being Canadian has anything to do with anything. I never said i liked Westers tuning, over anyone else. This is my 1st post about your "race", I dont keep dismissing your "race".

I have spoken with Lyndon, the owner of Wester's garage, while he is knowledgable I havent used him tuning. I have spoken with Allen, he is a very bright and helpful individual. He is working on a fix for me and will be using his skills in the future, for sure.
I have used Ed Wright for tuning in the past, 1 of his tunes allowed me to shed 3/4's of a second from my 1/4 mile time, pretty decent. But I dont like the customer service from Fastchip, a tad cocky and expensive IMO.
I personally do my own tuning now, just starting out, but I have gotten some positive results.

My point wasnt to say 1 tune was better or not, it was just to say that due to the inconsistencies involved in streetracing, the street isnt the best place to compare tunes, thats all. The strip with its starting tree and its timing system, tells you exactly who left 1st, by how much, and which tune worked best at varying parts of the track.
The tunes should also be comparable to each other. If 1 guy has an 89 octane tune with 50% TM and another guy has a 94 octane tune with 100% TM removed, everything else equal, the 2nd truck should win. However, if the first truck leaves a few tenths before the 2nd truck, they might finish equal, thats all. Maybe 1 truck has 5,000 miles on it and isnt fully broken in yet, and maybe anothertruck has 20,000+ miles on it and is fully broken in. The trucks with GEN3/4 engines can vary by more than a 1/2 a second in the 1/4 mile from new and after 20,000 miles.

You can say that yourtruck was faster and quicker than the othertruck you raced, I am just challenging that your tune is "better" than the other tune, irregardless of performs the tuning.

peace
Hog

Quick Reply: which upgrade wait4me or nelson