Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

thunder racing tune or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i lived in texas i would love for him to dyno it cause all i hear is good **** about him, don't hear to much about thunder or futral
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JT-bo
if i lived in texas i would love for him to dyno it cause all i hear is good **** about him, don't hear to much about thunder or futral
There you go.........you couldn't have said it better yourself.
He has done enough tunes to be able to send you just what you need through the mail. There would be no need to do a dyno tune with basic bolt-ons. He would be able to get it right on the money with just the mail order tune.

Jim
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 PM
12 Second Club

go to where ever you can get a dyno tune..hook the wide band up to it, and get your A/F dead on.., and then get it street tweeked as I like to call it
Old 03-04-2006, 01:06 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by goshawk23
TR all the way. if i am not mistaken you will end up with a dyno tune and that will help squeeze all the extra hp outa that motor. talk to litreddevil. he has had his stuff tuned by geoff at thunder. not knocking allen but if i had the choice between a mail order or dynotune, dyno will win out.
PM litreddevil... he could definitely tell you about TR tunes. It may take some time for him to get back to you, but PM anyway...
Old 03-04-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I have to reccomend Futral motorsports for a dyno tune.
Nelson does good work though.
But since you live in Louisiana I strongly suggest taking it to Futral.
The previous owner to some of the parts on my truck used Futral to tune his truck and it he liked it, never heard any complaints. I don't remember the exact times, but his truck ran good for the mods he had.

Like said above, a dyno tune will be better than a mail order seeing as they will be able to watch different parameters as they adjust and can get it right. I am not knocking Nelson in any way though, I actually have his tune and it is great IMO. For a mail order, I wouldn't go any other way.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Futral is easy to find, right off I-10 in Walker, I live in B.R., right between the two of them and it would be a tough decision, so I just got HP Tuners and did it myself
Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

i agree , ive heard great things about futral and thunder but allen futral is the man from what i hear when it comes to these ls1 based motors down here. ima get my 02 pcm from wait4me then later on have futral dyno tune it when i get my cam and stall in.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

2 of the guys i work with have f bodies tuned by futral and highly reccommend him.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Launching!

go with nelson, just got mine a week ago and it is incredible. it is better than expected and improved everyday up till it fully re-learned. if the dyno tune is really close i would do that, but if over 4 hrs away i would mail order.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Truck addict

you don't hear a lot of allen futrals tunes cause he does a lot of local tuning on trucks. he isn't a sponsor here so a lot of the newer truck guys don't know about his tuning. A lot of the older truck guys already have tuning. any of the three TR, Futral, or Nelson will do you a good job. but personally i would prefer a dyno tune with the wideband hooked up as mentioned earlier.

Quick Reply: thunder racing tune or nelson