Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

thinkn of purchasing hp tuners but which one

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default thinkn of purchasing hp tuners but which one

Well im to the point now im tired of waiting on tuner to find time to squeeze me in to do things when needed to the truck plus I woild like to do be able to find out easier if something is wrong. I was looking at the vcm suite which is 500 and and the vcm scanner which after reading both descript ions I dont know which one from which. This will just be for my truck only and maybe projects down the road. Since my truck is already tuned by hptuners wkuld I still have to use the credits on it when I do decide to purchase and play around with it any help would be apreciated.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the pro version. I bought the standard before I really knew the difference. The pro has spots to hook up your external inputs. Makes it so much nicer to log a wideband with one. Without it, you have to do some hocus pocus to log it through an a/c or egr input to the pcm. PITA. That feature alone is worth the extra money. Especially when your buddies want a little tuning done for their rides. Im sure someone else will chime in with the other differences, since I'm not that familiar with all of them.

You will have to license your pcm to be able to modify it with your interface. You will be able to view it with your editor ,unless its locked, without licensing it though.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My pcm isnt locked was talkn with tuner about it last weekend and he said its worth it in a way but before you know it youll have 10 cars in ur driveway waitn for a tune. Thanks for the info I will make this my next semi expensive mod