Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Runing lean under WOT confused

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Did you try retuning it? Obviously altered fuel pressure is going to change fueling. I would have expecting it to be richer with higher pressure though.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Did you try retuning it? Obviously altered fuel pressure is going to change fueling. I would have expecting it to be richer with higher pressure though.
Same pressures with the stock pump. i installed the wideband and pressure gauges before i swaped pumps. now the pressure went up after the new pump. bone stock pressure was at 64-66 at idle after the pump swap 68 at idle. both are way to high eatherway.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Return or returnless fuel system?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Return or returnless fuel system?
I am sorry it is a return style fuel system.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Something that I noticed in the tune/log, is that you have your fuel trims in affect during Openloop. So you have to take into account what your fuel trims are during WOT. I usually turn this off just to eliminate a variable.

Also, you are running a ton of timing. The reason is because you are only in the 0.40 Cylinder Airmass range. I would play with your timing table and bring those numbers down to the 27-28 ramge. I doubt 30+ degrees is gaining you any power.

What I didn't see in the log was Commanded AFR. This will tell us what AFR the ECU is asking for. That way we can determine if it is a tune issue that is not commanding the correct AFR, or a mechanical issue that is preventing it from supplying the fuel.

Make sure your wideband is hooked up and calibrated too.

The high fuel pressure shouldn't be much of and issue. If anything, it is going to make your injectors act larger then they really are, which would make the truck run lean.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Ok got it. Command AFR histogram is set up now working on the wideband. How do I turn off the fuel trims? Dropping the timing is no problem I'll drop it and smooth it out before the next run. As far as the pressure when I do the turbo I have an adjustable so later that wont be a problem. Thank you guys I was sitting here kinda lost.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Here is how you turn off the Open Loop Fuel Trims.

Name:  hpscreen-1.png
Views: 32
Size:  14.1 KB

Sorry, you have to open up the photobucket page to make it big enough to read...
Old 11-17-2013, 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Also, you dont need a histogram for Commanded AFR, just log the PID. Make sure it is the High Res one too.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by doc350
Something that I noticed in the tune/log, is that you have your fuel trims in affect during Openloop. So you have to take into account what your fuel trims are during WOT. I usually turn this off just to eliminate a variable.

Also, you are running a ton of timing. The reason is because you are only in the 0.40 Cylinder Airmass range. I would play with your timing table and bring those numbers down to the 27-28 ramge. I doubt 30+ degrees is gaining you any power.

What I didn't see in the log was Commanded AFR. This will tell us what AFR the ECU is asking for. That way we can determine if it is a tune issue that is not commanding the correct AFR, or a mechanical issue that is preventing it from supplying the fuel.

Make sure your wideband is hooked up and calibrated too.

The high fuel pressure shouldn't be much of and issue. If anything, it is going to make your injectors act larger then they really are, which would make the truck run lean.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Whoops, typo.....I meant to say WOULD NOT make the truck run lean....my bad

Quick Reply: Runing lean under WOT confused