Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

need wiring diagrams if anyone can help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need wiring diagrams if anyone can help.

2004 Tahoe LT 5.3L w/4l60e,

(long story short, truck vandalized. gauge cluster stolen/wires cut. dash harness was replaced, picked up truck. got to operating temperature and all forward gears lost (4 hours into getting her back from the shop). drives fine when cold. Chevy says its unrelated to the dash harness being installed and is mere coincidence. even though when it went to the shop she drove like a champ with no issues)

well its looking like im going to have to foot the bill for a tranny rebuild.

all my forward gears are not functioning due to an electronic failure. as well as clutches are burnt up (so im told).

im trying to pin the transmission problems to a poor wiring job in the dash or something done improperly (or not done) when the new dash harness was installed.

what i need is if anyone would happen to have any wiring diagrams that would relate any and or all electronics between the dash and the trans.

if i can prove that it relates more than likely i can get the shop or geico to foot the bill or at least compromise with me on paying for most or partial repair.