Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Just got back from the track?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few places you can pull timing from. The boost timing table in the custom OS stuff, IAT timing table under spark or high/low octane timing. I would pull the timing from the high octane in this case because the KR doesn't come back in the log, and you only want to pull in one specific area. If you pull any timing from the IAT or boost timing tables they will affect the timing all the time, not just in this airflow/RPM range right after the shift.

Did you hear any knock during the run? Do you have a wideband gauge, I'm wondering if there is a lean spike anywhere.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stoichiometric
There are a few places you can pull timing from. The boost timing table in the custom OS stuff, IAT timing table under spark or high/low octane timing. I would pull the timing from the high octane in this case because the KR doesn't come back in the log, and you only want to pull in one specific area. If you pull any timing from the IAT or boost timing tables they will affect the timing all the time, not just in this airflow/RPM range right after the shift.

Did you hear any knock during the run? Do you have a wideband gauge, I'm wondering if there is a lean spike anywhere.
I have a wideband gauge but it was unplugged, The truck runs great. I watched the wideband gauge during the run and it was right at 11.8-12.2 during the whole run but unfortunetly it didn't show in the log. I will pull the timing from the high octane table, I don't think the KR is caused by the air/fuel but it could be from either too much timing or something with the converter. I love this site, Everybody is so helpful!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Henry needs to tune for a living!!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave@Yank explained to me that the clutches (even on the tripdisks) are not strong enough to hold up to high hp wot locking, that the lock-up clutches are for gas conservation while cruising only.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
Dave@Yank explained to me that the clutches (even on the tripdisks) are not strong enough to hold up to high hp wot locking, that the lock-up clutches are for gas conservation while cruising only.
I didn't know that. That's actually good to know, I don't need to burn up my own clutch that's for sure! I'll have to look into that now!
Old 09-07-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats on the great new times. Your speed is good for lower 12's/hi 11's! Yank recommends NOT locking the converter wot...I just talked with Dave@Yank early this week about it.
I can't see your tune or logs (hpt guy here) but the KR you see could be from the added load from the TCC apply?
Anyway, great runs!
Yes you can see the tune and the logs.

Download the software from here http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx and install it. It's the most current full version that will function in demo mode (won't let you save changes) until a registration key is entered
Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

ok ok let me re-phrase that....I don't want to get any more confused than I already am with HPT
Old 09-07-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

ok ok let me re-phrase that....I don't want to get any more confused than I already am with HPT
Afraid you might learn something?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:17 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

more like afraid I'll forget something I just learned
Old 09-07-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Might find something he likes better and have to sell that HP. lol

Quick Reply: Just got back from the track?