Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Holley Terminator X Max + stock ecm

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

So looking at Post 21 in this thread: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...uments-494579/

From that schematic it looks like you need a 12v source and doesn't lead me to think the ECM has any involvement? Unless that is just the power side of things? Seems like the compressor clutch circuit may be in the Holley system as the manual mentions one of the I/O's can be used for the AC cutout based on 50% throttle load (or user defined). So that would lead to the AC pressure input as previously mentioned, what does it need to see?

Although I see post 67 (#13) shows HVAC and and ECM pinouts I believe.

I saw that Phantom was trying to do something similar in that he wanted to run a carb while keeping the OEM A/C system. I sent him a PM but no response back yet to see if that ever happened.

Last edited by ALL ULL C; 10-08-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL ULL C
Well the main reason was for A/C control. But I just got off the phone with Holley tech and they say that I could in fact use one of the Input/Outputs for A/C control. So if I have 4 i/o
's to use I "think" that would be something like:

* E-Fans
* A/C
* Open/TBD
* Open/TBD

Boy if that is the case it will make me a happy camper!
I have Dominator EFI, and there are 2 fan controls are built into the main harness, If the terminator has that built in, you will not need to use additional input/outputs for the fans.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:04 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think your main issue is going to be the serial data feed from the factory PCM to the BCM and related network (airbags, ABS, transfer case, etc). Far less work than an 03 and up, but still would require some integration or elimination.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Launching!

So there still is BCM on the 99-02's but not as complex? I honestly did not think there was, but yes now complicates matters.... I think.

To be honest having seat belts and/or harnesses removes the airbag concern as lets be honest many people have survived up til the 90's without airbags. I've been contemplating if ABS is really still required for a touring/drag/toy. A proportioning valve and a good brake setup is nothing new here. Also no need to worry about T/C as I'm 2wd.

I guess diving into a Haynes or Chilton's may be another path. Just need to see what are the bare minimum communication requirements are that the ECM needs to see in order to retain function.

TXsilverado, the Terminator series does not have that built in so you need to use one (or two) of the I/O's depending on your fan configuration. Holley did that to keep cost/price point down.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:17 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

TXsilverado, the Terminator series does not have that built in so you need to use one (or two) of the I/O's depending on your fan configuration. Holley did that to keep cost/price point down.
I'm in the auto industry. We call that manufactured differentiation. It usually only saves a few pennies, but gives the consumer the interpretation that the higher end product is worth the outrageous price associated with it. the HP and Terminator options are a hell of a bargain, but I doubt it costs holley much more to produce the Dominator.

/rant LOL
The following users liked this post:
shootermwc (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 47 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm interested in this as well, having a 2000 model myself and running a FAST XFI system for the LSA blower and 4L80 trans. I could not find a suitable pre-built or custom harness available for my configuration so I pull the factory engine harness out and was just going to delete the A/C honestly. Running hydroboost brakes and no need for transfer case functions or any of that sort. A/C was the only real thing I was concerned with.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Launching!

There is a guy on the Holley EFI forum doing this, just updates it from time to time as he makes progress. I/we will figure it out one way or another. I also know that Tombstone’s build is similar other than he’s using ProEFI 128 setup.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a guy on the Holley EFI forum doing this, just updates it from time to time as he makes progress. I/we will figure it out one way or another. I also know that Tombstone’s build is similar other than he’s using ProEFI 128 setup.
Any updates on this? I'm looking to do the same thing in my 99 and so far i have not turned up anything. AC is already removed in my case and I don't plan to run the factory dash so really curious to see if you have found any information.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:01 PM
Launching!

No unfortunately. There is no doubt it can be done it’s just a matter of getting there as many have piggybacked systems on various model vehicles.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you found any way to keep the factory Cruise Control with the Holley? Seems that nobody cares about cruise anymore when they swap ECM's.

I found that it's cheaper to buy a L96 or LY6 locally than rebuild my L31 or find an LQ4. I was going to grab a take-out and a terminator x but can't find anything on running cruise control or A/C.

Quick Reply: Holley Terminator X Max + stock ecm