Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Help reduced engine power but I put a blower on it lol

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
Can you switch the key on, clear codes and operate the throttle without disconnecting the battery? REP will be triggered if either TPS signal goes below .35V. Minimum values are seen when the blade is fully closed, which usually only occurs at the key-on test.
No I can not clear the codes endless I unhook the battery that's the only way I have been able to clear codes and as long as the code is clear TB works amazing so not sure what's up with it
Old 09-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06murder
Did you move the tb blade any? Or drop it? Try cleaning tb and putting it back on see what up. But don't move blade by hand or it will mess it up.
No I never move the blade by hand but I will take it off and clean it and maybe it will help thanks
Old 09-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I have did everything that everyone said wiggled wire put dielectric grease on all connections and the code went away didn't have to unhook my battery but now I get p1518 and all I have to do is clear it and it goes away until I shut it off then it may come back the next time or 3 days later any ideas
Old 09-19-2015, 03:38 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A poor ground or having the TAC module powered when the PCM is not will set P1518. Check the engine harness ground wire and its connection to the top, right, rear of block. Check the ground connections to the frame outboard of the driver's feet area. Check that the TAC module is not getting 12V when the ignition is off. Check the Ignition 1 relay ...just swap it with the starter relay.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have access to another working ls3 TB you can swap on to rule that out?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Hi Everyone, I'm hoping you guys can help. I've been having relatively consistent but intermittent issues with various codes and frequent rep mode (reduced engine power) for a couple of years but thought I was narrowing in on it until today... I've had it go into rep mode a couple of times the last month or so but I could usually just clear the codes and move on. This afternoon right after getting gas it went into rep mode, I've tried everything I can think of that's worked in the past, checked all the wires/connections, disconnected the battery, cleaned the throttle body, maf sensor, air filter.... Anyway, I can't even clear the codes it's just staying in rep mode and giving the obligatory U1000 and p2135. Could the ecm be fried? Could the tac module? I swapped out the throttle body today also and I'm also running an Xlink for the 5.3 to 6.2 conversion on an 06 Avalanche. Anybody got anything for me could the Xlink be the issue?
Old 10-11-2015, 09:57 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Abendigo7
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping you guys can help. I've been having relatively consistent but intermittent issues with various codes and frequent rep mode (reduced engine power) for a couple of years but thought I was narrowing in on it until today... I've had it go into rep mode a couple of times the last month or so but I could usually just clear the codes and move on. This afternoon right after getting gas it went into rep mode, I've tried everything I can think of that's worked in the past, checked all the wires/connections, disconnected the battery, cleaned the throttle body, maf sensor, air filter.... Anyway, I can't even clear the codes it's just staying in rep mode and giving the obligatory U1000 and p2135. Could the ecm be fried? Could the tac module? I swapped out the throttle body today also and I'm also running an Xlink for the 5.3 to 6.2 conversion on an 06 Avalanche. Anybody got anything for me could the Xlink be the issue?
Any of the other codes that you've been experiencing still present?

Knock sensor- reduced engine power?

stereo-ignition switch issues?

idle question
Old 10-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrX
Any of the other codes that you've been experiencing still present?

Knock sensor- reduced engine power?

stereo-ignition switch issues?

idle question
I have in the past had knock sensor codes but nothing currently, incidentally, I had to cut the threads down on the knock sensors for them to fit in the factory location (see the 5.3 to 6.2 conversion). I have also had relatively recent issues/difficulties with the ignition key turning, or not turning to be exact, I have to wiggle it, also occasionally the stereo will stay on after the ignition is off, key removed & doors open. None of those codes are currently present only p2135 also the codes for the tire pressure monitors is popping up, I do have one sensor that works intermittently which would explain it. Any idea why it would stay in rep mode, the code always stays present on the dash and in the reader?

Thanks again!
Old 10-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Teching In

It does also hunt around a little when idling. So all of the above....
Old 10-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Teching In

I forgot to mention that I replaced the factory throttle body connector and wire about a foot back. It currently has butt connectors while waiting on the crimp tool and pins. It's been like this for a few weeks related to the recurring rep mode.

Quick Reply: Help reduced engine power but I put a blower on it lol