Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Frustrated with these codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 12:12 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gmtechnician
woo slow down there with the parts. most of the time these codes are set from the intake gaskets leaking. you can't find it with carb cleaner. i have done a lot of these gaskets at the shop. go there next.

Good call......Did not even think about that.....I think you are 100% on with that diagnosis.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, that was my next guess, intake gasket. I wish someone would have told me that you can't detect an intake gasket leak with carb cleaner, I would have changed it first. I've read that those go bad and cause those 2 codes. Now, exhaust leak, wouldn't an exhaust leak cause one code not both??
I did run some injector cleaner right after I got my codes. I have a vacuum gauge and am going to check my lines once again, 5th time.
You brought up a good point on the regulator lines, I'll check those after a good ride to see if I have fuel around there.

I'll post something tomorrow after I do everything.

Thanks
Art
Old 07-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Teching In

OK I just changed out the intake manifold gasket, no luck.. same trouble. I did notice some fuel from one of the fuel lines near the drive side fuel rail. Going to change the "o" ring there and the exhaust gaskets. Will post results later on today.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by artmolina
OK I just changed out the intake manifold gasket, no luck.. same trouble. I did notice some fuel from one of the fuel lines near the drive side fuel rail. Going to change the "o" ring there and the exhaust gaskets. Will post results later on today.
That's the FPR then.....pull the vacuum hose on it and see if gas is in the hose, if there is you've got a bad regulator (~$90)
Old 07-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Changed the exhaust manifold and the "O" ring on the fuel line...... No luck. Going to try to order an Fuel Pressure Regulator. Does anyone think that it could be the ECM????
Old 07-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Launching!

i have also seen these codes set from the seal on the master cylinder where it goes into the brake booster. pinch off the big vacuum line and see if your codes will clear and stay gone.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Changed the FPR and Fuel Filter...... No luck... Dawm this is getting crazy... If I put my foot on the brake pedal and give it gas (Under Load) it wants to stall. I don't get it...
Old 07-07-2006, 08:54 PM
13 Second Truck Club

have you ever checked the fuel pressure to verify the correct pressures?????? and a off the wall suggestion....is the oil cap on the engine, and tightened correctly....believe it or not ive seen this cause lean codes on occasion
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

You are either getting unmetered air or you maf is not working properly. Check the little wires in your maf sensor for carbon or debree build up. Cleaning the maf with choke cleaner or electrical contact cleaner works good, but it is not condoned by gm. You can check for build up on the wires inside the meter by using a small mirror and a flash light. Then you should check your intake for cracks, I have seen a few cracked intakes lately. You can use choke cleaner to check for intake leaks if you unplug the IAC valve first. Has it ever set a p0102?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigbadwolf54
have you ever checked the fuel pressure to verify the correct pressures?????? and a off the wall suggestion....is the oil cap on the engine, and tightened correctly....believe it or not ive seen this cause lean codes on occasion
im with bigbadwolf54. i saw this just the other day when our oil changers forgot to reinstall the oil cap. i just forgot about it.

Quick Reply: Frustrated with these codes