Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Compound Turbo Truck Down :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 06:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
With KOEO (key on engine off) can you clear the code(s)? If they clear, cycle the throttle with KOEO. If they do not clear, unplug the harness as it goes into the X-Link. Plug in your original throttle body (or a known good one) and do the same test.

It looks like you tried that above, I just wanted to make sure.
Gadgetized, thanks for the response. We tried what you are suggesting. With KOEO, the P21325 code does not clear. We plugged in a stock 78mm TB as well without any change (still unable to clear the P2135 code).
Old 10-25-2017, 09:34 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

I never had the code not clear, have you scanned commanded and actual tps to see what they are doing? I have grown to hate DBW on the 03-06 operating systems. This is why I converted to cable.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I never had the code not clear, have you scanned commanded and actual tps to see what they are doing? I have grown to hate DBW on the 03-06 operating systems. This is why I converted to cable.
I'm almost at that point...which isn't a bad thing cuz I'd upgrade to a 102mm throttle body lol.

I have logged Pedal Position vs Throttle Body Position. With Key On Engine Off (since the truck wont stay running): 1) the pedal position % reads as it should but Throttle Body Position does not change (except for some throttle body 'fluttering' I mentioned earlier that goes away after a few seconds. 2) Moving the throttle body through its range of motion with my hand, throttle body position (TPS) reads as it should.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Clear out some space in your scanner and add everything throttle related, particularly any channels that distinguish position sensor A from position sensor B. Look at raw voltages, not percentages as they will be filtered values. Plot them both on the same graph and look for incongruity in the voltage output from the sensors. Something is tripping up the throttle position rationality diagnostic.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

While we're talking about pedal assemblies, what year truck is this pedal assembly out of? Anybody recognize it? It's said to be out of a 2003 Silverado, however it doesn't look exactly like the stock pedal assembly in my 03 Sierra.

Compound Turbo Truck Down :(-xw7ranl.jpg
Old 10-25-2017, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Clear out some space in your scanner and add everything throttle related, particularly any channels that distinguish position sensor A from position sensor B. Look at raw voltages, not percentages as they will be filtered values. Plot them both on the same graph and look for incongruity in the voltage output from the sensors. Something is tripping up the throttle position rationality diagnostic.
I'll work on that tonight, smokeshow. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by lycominghunter
While we're talking about pedal assemblies, what year truck is this pedal assembly out of? Anybody recognize it? It's said to be out of a 2003 Silverado, however it doesn't look exactly like the stock pedal assembly in my 03 Sierra.

That's one of the adjustable units from an SUV.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
That's one of the adjustable units from an SUV.
Oh! I had no idea what the additional 'adjuster' was for. I guess someone had swapped that into the Silverado it was pulled from. Thanks FastBrick!