Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

cable edelbrock 90mm tuning PITA

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll check it out. I'll get the tune up in a bit.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I had some family show up so I didn't get to get on my computer. Bare with me if you guys don't care I'll get it load as soon as I can. I appreciate the help.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

More importantly, do a scan logging burst knock. We already know that your burst knock table is stock.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Couple things I noticed...

-Why is the idle MAP so high? Thats a pretty standard cam but your idle MAP is around 70mpa, even on a hard decel its still only 50-60...

-I think mike is right on about the burst knock retard. Every time you give a sudden throttle increase you are going to negative advance. Also check the abuse mode torque management settings for this.

- A wideband would be tremendously helpful. Initially I thought you problem was too much fuel, but you seem to think its not enough. A wideband would tell us in a heartbeat.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:54 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I'm driving it today so I will log burst kr.

I agree a wide band would be great but I don't have much of a choice, I told him I can't tune it perfectly until I have a wideband. I'm not sure why the map is so high. It's a pat g lobe cam. It's got a decent lope but not crazy but it's there. Maybe the map sensor is leaking? It's the manifold style map sensor stuffed in the new model mani.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Ok I believe it was burst knock and not enough timing and too much fuel. But it ask for more fuel due to inclompete burn. So I gave it about 12* of timing and raised the burst knock thresh hold. That took alot out. Then it finally told me my trims were way fat so I trimmed it back out and bam ten times better. It's still not perfect but it doesn't bog. It needs a stall and it will hual. It jumps off the line hard but soon falls on it's face compared to top end. But even then it's no near enough fuel so I can't go wot all the way up
Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Ok I believe it was burst knock and not enough timing and too much fuel. But it ask for more fuel due to inclompete burn. So I gave it about 12* of timing and raised the burst knock thresh hold. That took alot out. Then it finally told me my trims were way fat so I trimmed it back out and bam ten times better. It's still not perfect but it doesn't bog. It needs a stall and it will hual. It jumps off the line hard but soon falls on it's face compared to top end. But even then it's no near enough fuel so I can't go wot all the way up and I cranked up the idle Timing to about 28 and it now idles right around 55kpa.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Well that explains the lack of a misfire code...the PCM knew exactly what was going on

Good to hear you are getting it sorted out!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Nice, its always good to be making progress
Old 06-17-2011, 06:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Well every other cam I did just loped so hard it threw the code. So I fixed that first. Plus it had the code at idle so I adjusted it. I didn't think about idle cells being same as low low rpm drive cells. It's much peppier with the raised timing. I had lowered the timing because I was getting kr everytime I touched the gas. I guess it was misfiring and showing as kr. Now to have him get injectors and hopfully a wideband and get wot straightened out.

Quick Reply: cable edelbrock 90mm tuning PITA