Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Bad Misfire Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 06:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad Misfire Please Help

OK here's the problem, I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.7. I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago. When I first got it I noticed that when I crested the top of a hill the truck would shake slightly every now and then. Now this problem has become a multiple cylinder misfire that will cause the truck to shake so badly I have to let off the gas completly and coast to let the engine come out of it. This will usually happen on steep hills or passing somone (light to medium load). So far I have replaced CSFI with the MPI conversion kit, MAP sensor, Cam sensor, Intake manifold gaskets(leaking coolant), plugs, wires(MSD), cap and rotor, and the coil(MSD). The truck runs perfect when just crusing and has the power to drive up the side of a mountain but once you start nearing the top of a hill you will feel a lack of too no throttle responce which will quickly turn into the entire vehicle shaking because of the misfire. Currently the truck has no cats with true dual exhaust and super 40 flowmasters. Somebody please help I need some hard evidence before I put anything else into this truck so give me your opinion what could be wrong here.
THANK's