Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Any insight for a noob using HPT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bit of an update. I disassembled the Vararam to re-install the factory air box only to find out that the mounting plate that sits under and holds the factory air box in place was gone. So I ended up cleaning the disgusting excuse of an air filter on the vararam and putting it all back together until I can source the bottom air box plate for the stock box. I also inspected the MAF and all was good and clean. The filter on the Vararam appeared to be dry (non oiled) so I would assume that there wouldn't be an issue from that causing the MAF to be coated in oil. Other than that, I haven't had a chance to mess with the tune anymore or run any more logs. Life got in the way and has been too busy for me to really mess with it. I'll more than likely end up sourcing someone else to tune the truck as I feel like I might have bitten off a bit more than I can chew trying to learn it all myself and I'd be pretty screwed if I messed something up and ended up hurting the truck.