Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

ABS light thrown after gear swap even with Tuner.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light thrown after gear swap even with Tuner.

Ive been lurking around this forum for a while and really like the massive amounts of info available. That being said I have had this issue for a while now.

After I swapped my gears from 3.23 to 3.73 and used the Hypertech PPIII to adjust for the change in speeds I still saw the ABS being thrown.

Heres what I've tried:
Adjusting my different tire heights
changed different gear readings on the programmer
even tried running stock, yet it still threw a code.

I know there are alot of this same topic already but didnt see any giving advice with having a programmer, maybe I am just using the wrong programmer feel free to offer advice in which programmer I should be buying.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Charlie Wheatley custom tune. gowheatley.com
Old 06-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Launching!

i've had the same problem. Mine go on now, and they were off with my 37's but now their not with my 22's? I don't understand either.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:26 AM
formerly 1fstrst (11/25/2010)

Do yourself a favor. Sell the hypertech (or keep it to read codes only). Then go and get a dyno tune or as stated above. Get a Wheatley or blackbear tune. Your not going to find many people on this site that will tell you differently.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even with a perfect tune, "sometimes" it’s the EBCM (ABS comp), the PCM tune gets everything like shifting and speedo right on, and that speed (which is right) is input into the EBCM which matches it against what it thinks the Wheel Speed Sensor should be for the input speed (which maybe wrong) and because the sensor is showing a little faster or slower etc, it goes hell no..
Old 06-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Its frustrating that even with the tuner I still have problems.. I will look into both of those tunes and hope they will fix the problem and take care of what I need.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Have you contacted Hypertech about the problem??? Perhaps there is something wrong with your hand held...

A buddy of mine had a problem with his hand held while trying to change the tune. It froze in the middle of loading a calibration leaving the PCM Blank. Since it was under warranty he had to send it with the computer to get a stock calibration loaded to the computer. They also sent him the newest hand held unit free of charge.

As mentioned hand helds are ok for reading and eraseing codes and makeing small changes on the fly Like tire's and gears but in the end every vehical is different and its really best to get a custom tune.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Have you contacted Hypertech about the problem??? Perhaps there is something wrong with your hand held...

A buddy of mine had a problem with his hand held while trying to change the tune. It froze in the middle of loading a calibration leaving the PCM Blank. Since it was under warranty he had to send it with the computer to get a stock calibration loaded to the computer. They also sent him the newest hand held unit free of charge.

As mentioned hand helds are ok for reading and eraseing codes and makeing small changes on the fly Like tire's and gears but in the end every vehical is different and its really best to get a custom tune.
Yeah I called hypertech and explained all the things i have tried and he said that its seems to be a common problem for them and they dont have any solution very basic response (like he was reading off a sheet) the guy wasn't the brightest from the conversation we had. Guess I will be doing a blackbear tune, now just need to decide between the standard tune or the logging tune... hmm..