Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

8.1 marine / multec 2 voltage offset, short pulse adder, and min pulse width

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YenkoST
After research quite a bit, a person who has the information but won't share it suggested that you take an 99 LS1 file and get their voltage offset table...paste it to your tune and multiple the whole table by 1.20 and you'll be close to the values.

Now, how close is this...I have no clue. I have not been able to test this for myself.
Will he not share it because he wants to be paid? Or...
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if he wants to keep it private for his tuning alone or what the deal is.....
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone wanted to get injectors setup properly, I would suggest determining the HP you want to make, and purchase the injectors according to that. If you can have them flowed, it will be a lot easier. If you can't flow them and have the ability to tune, I would suggest tuning your engine, and then swapping in the new injectors. Then I would fine tune the injector values to set the tune up properly. Once you get it running properly, the injectors should be extremely close.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bringing this back from the dead.

I've been driving my car for almost 2 years with just a modified IFR table and these injectors, and recently some driveability quirks irritated me to the point that I went hunting for this information again. Turns out that the Radix supercharger kit includes these injectors, and I found an EFI Live tune file of supposedly the Radix tune.

The following changes mad a big difference in areas such as idling down, overall idle quality, smoothness in general of operation. I have no idea if the values are correct or not, but these 2 things are the only changes between the 44lb and stock LQ4 injectors (everything else is the same). Seems legit??? I did have to do some immediate VE table modifications due to these changes, although the car was still driveable.

I did modify my injector timing a bit, but it seems like anyone with some cam can benefit from playing around with that on their own.

Small Pulse Threshold: 3.990400
Here was the seemingly large change: Pulse Width Voltage Adjustment (excel file attached)

Give it a try and let me know how it went for you.
Attached Thumbnails 8.1 marine / multec 2 voltage offset, short pulse adder, and min pulse width-capture.png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
IPWVA-xlsx.zip (7.8 KB, 101 views)
Old 06-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
No....unfortunately. I have searched high and low for this info including calling Delphi myself and trying to get something, anything out of them.

An FYI for you and everybody that is using the marine injectors I am going to get this data developed for these sometime here this spring hopefully. I've got three test trucks in my area that I have done tunes for and have talked to them about what I want to do and they agreed to be testers. It is definately going to take some time and alot of logging and gas but it will be worth it.
Thread from the past....just wondering if you (or anyone else) ever got these injectors mapped? Have a customer who has a set and wont pay to change them....or for me to remap them !!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Edward R Mowton
ERM Performance Tuning
Old 06-04-2015, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jim_PA
Bringing this back from the dead.

I've been driving my car for almost 2 years with just a modified IFR table and these injectors, and recently some driveability quirks irritated me to the point that I went hunting for this information again. Turns out that the Radix supercharger kit includes these injectors, and I found an EFI Live tune file of supposedly the Radix tune.

The following changes mad a big difference in areas such as idling down, overall idle quality, smoothness in general of operation. I have no idea if the values are correct or not, but these 2 things are the only changes between the 44lb and stock LQ4 injectors (everything else is the same). Seems legit??? I did have to do some immediate VE table modifications due to these changes, although the car was still driveable.

I did modify my injector timing a bit, but it seems like anyone with some cam can benefit from playing around with that on their own.

Small Pulse Threshold: 3.990400
Here was the seemingly large change: Pulse Width Voltage Adjustment (excel file attached)

Give it a try and let me know how it went for you.
Thanks for the info will use it to start...will probably put a set of known injectors/data, get her running/idling and then swap in the Delphi's and data provided and see were any issues occur and "tune" them away I guess.

Ed M
ERM Performance Tuning
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mowton
Thanks for the info will use it to start...will probably put a set of known injectors/data, get her running/idling and then swap in the Delphi's and data provided and see were any issues occur and "tune" them away I guess.

Ed M
ERM Performance Tuning

Let me know what you find, I haven't touched my config since I posted that 2 years ago. Everything has been working pretty well.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

The Marine injectors are probably one of the easiest larger injectors to tune, they still have a fast response time just like the stock ones.

I say larger, reality is they are still small but the largest off the shelf multec II style.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know how to tune injectors. What are the benefits, and how is it done?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Larger slower injectors are very picky about offset, min pulse etc. Marine injectors are not.