Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2bar OS - Alky injection tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KySilverado
You guys just keep talking it up. Looks like I will be trying a couple different approaches.
LMAO....bunch of show stealers arent they?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
*IF* you are using a 2+ bar SD tune. I just read the bit about HPT only giving you one row in that table... That really isn't a multi-bar tune -- that's a 1 bar tune with a boost ref'd (instead of rpm) PE table.

But, the principle still holds -- if you use the BE Table, then the PE table is redundant (or vice versa). K.I.S.S. principle in action -- make your boost fueling decisions in one place, and make them easy to tune.

I haven't had a PE table turned on for years. Basically I do all my fueling calcs from the VE table (which for EFI custom OS is two full range VE tables -- one for vacuum to atmospheric, and one from atmospheric to 3 bar).
I've heard that about you...liking to do things the easy way. pffft. Doesn't sound very rabid to me.

Ofcourse again, I haven't had much time to spend on tuning meth, but I have a feeling I'd end up abandoning the pe table after thinking about all of this, but for now, without meth, I really like the tranistion into boost that it offers. and until I realize the gross difference with meth commanded afr, I am just not easily sold (with HPT) it's such a great thing to abandon pe just yet...

We do have a VE table that goes multi bar. you have 2 ve tables and we just have all the maps (vacuum to atmosphere to boost 210kpa) under one table.

Essentially erik, what you are saying is, if our MAF's could flow it, you are doing the same as running only a maf and no ve/pe calcs. Just straight fueing vs air flow?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I've heard that about you...liking to do things the easy way. pffft. Doesn't sound very rabid to me.

Ofcourse again, I haven't had much time to spend on tuning meth, but I have a feeling I'd end up abandoning the pe table after thinking about all of this, but for now, without meth, I really like the tranistion into boost that it offers. and until I realize the gross difference with meth commanded afr, I am just not easily sold (with HPT) it's such a great thing to abandon pe just yet...

We do have a VE table that goes multi bar. you have 2 ve tables and we just have all the maps (vacuum to atmosphere to boost 210kpa) under one table.

Essentially erik, what you are saying is, if our MAF's could flow it, you are doing the same as running only a maf and no ve/pe calcs. Just straight fueing vs air flow?

Nope, he's using the commanded fuel table from the custom OS. Allows you to define AFR based on RPM and Map up to 100 or 105kPa. He has an accurate VE table, and uses this other table to define EQ ratio for AFR.

I'm PM'ing you a link to a Custom OS of mine so you can see. Look at B3647.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:34 PM

freaking efi guys...cheaters. just like running megasquirt? command the afr and that's the end of it?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Hello Dave

freaking efi guys...cheaters. just like running megasquirt? command the afr and that's the end of it?
Since you've said that you can't view the file now, check this out.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like some lean cruise going on also.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Whippled 496
LMAO....bunch of show stealers arent they?
My father always told me, "Its better to be thought a fool rather than opening your mouth and remove all doubt."

At least I posed a good question to get the guru's going. No definite direction but I had the right ideas is seems.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:03 PM

I am all about removing doubt. LOL bring out your dead!!!! bring out your dead!!!! (sorry just caught a Python sound byte)
Old 01-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Since you've said that you can't view the file now, check this out.
gotcha. hmmm.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am all about removing doubt. LOL bring out your dead!!!! bring out your dead!!!! (sorry just caught a Python sound byte)
He's not dead yet! (in my best english accent). Great movie!

Quick Reply: 2bar OS - Alky injection tuning