Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

2008 sierra, e38 possible vats issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 sierra, e38 possible vats issue

When the vats is armed on with a E38, does it not allow the starter to engage?

2008 gmc sierra (vortec max) owner swapped the L76 for a LY6, I was going to disable the DOD - Truck starter before hand, licensed the ECM, disabled the rear 02s and DOD - flashed the tune and no start, wont even attempt to crank. No fuel psi. So I figured the VATs enabled - I've disabled both VATs patches and starter fault check. No change, will not crank or power the fuel pump. Am I missing something with the VATs disable? Yes, I did "Write Entire"
Old 03-13-2017, 10:01 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Revoroller
When the vats is armed on with a E38, does it not allow the starter to engage?

2008 gmc sierra (vortec max) owner swapped the L76 for a LY6, I was going to disable the DOD - Truck starter before hand, licensed the ECM, disabled the rear 02s and DOD - flashed the tune and no start, wont even attempt to crank. No fuel psi. So I figured the VATs enabled - I've disabled both VATs patches and starter fault check. No change, will not crank or power the fuel pump. Am I missing something with the VATs disable? Yes, I did "Write Entire"
Can you trigger the starter and/or fuel pump in the bi-directional control menu of the scanner?

You might need to do a security relearn. Is the security lamp/light on in the dash?