Transmission/ could it be the tunning.. converter no lock up

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transmission/ could it be the tunning.. converter no lock up

Well i have posted few times about my transmission not working right.. some have told me its the builder to get a new one but i doubt it is.. he has built a lot of transmissions for turbo trucks corvettes cammed ones ect...
So here it goes well my tranny sometimes locks up and sometimes it doesnt..some times when its already lock up i rev a little and it unlocks and never locks up again for a while of driving...

The wierd rare problem my tranny guy checked everything changed all sensors checked wiring ect.. and this is the wierd part.. the truck doesnt want to lock up so he stops on the side of the road.. Clicks on the scanner erase Dtc's and it works.. but there are nooo dtc's present soo???
I heard some scanners dont show or get all dtc's

But i been reading it could be with the tunning.. that misfires that dont show dtc's and prevent lock up... and sometimes when its at idle for few minutes it starts showing misfire but truck acts normal and works good ect... i think its because of my cam.. so if i max out the misfire tables could it possibly be that? and fix my problem...
Whats your opinion hope i get help Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Staging Lane

o and for the record.. i thought it was my torque converter so i switched to a yank.. and still the same sht.. lol!

AND SORRY CAN THIS BE MOVED TO GM GENERAL MOTORS>>>> 4
Old 10-16-2012, 04:35 AM
formerly 98wytebord (3-14-2012)

Yes misfires will mess with tranny. It should have codes shown for that. Get with your tuner asap.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06SilverBirch
Yes misfires will mess with tranny. It should have codes shown for that. Get with your tuner asap.
yhea sometimes when its at idle for few minutes it shows check engine blinking but the truck works good and all that... and well like i said i searched and saw that theres misfire codes that are present but are not shown.. on a scanner maybe with a tech2 i can see them not sure.. but anyways i guess it should not misfire at idle also.. so i will ask my tuner about it and see if he can max my misfire tables and hopefully thats all . because seriously the tranny guy has been with the truck 3-4 days lol trying to find out whats wrong and 1 of my coils fkd up so can that make the coil go bad.. it has a new one on so thats fixed! and got an 08 coil packs.. so they are pretty brand new not like the 2000 ones it had