SCT/ Superchips Stack Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCT/ Superchips Stack Thread

SCT does not offer tranny control so ppl have been using superchips for there tranny control.

with that said i have some info sct overlaps quite a lot of the superchips features

the big one and new one to everyone is the new transmission tuning for superchips if your going to get sct put your 3865 away and get a used 3815 because sct overlaps the torque management part . NOwi dont know if a custom tuner can turn this off

it also overlaps the rev limiter speed limiter and the performance 91 tune or whatever you run

you can keep changing your tire size and and shift points at wot which is all you need from sct right now

Procedure

if you have sct and just purchased a used superchips unlock your sct

if you dont have sct programmed yet and dont need custom tuning get your superchips first and you might save yourself 30-100 bucks

this is do to superchips and sct leaving an imprint onto the trucks computer and sometimes the sct or superchips cant over look this but this does not affect the stacking process just the removal of sct to going back to stock that superchips cant be written in

with that said you will have to have a dealer reflash in the situation that you can not get superchips to load if you had sct already programmed

if you have not had sct loaded simply stack your superchips with everything maxxed out shift speed limiter all the good stuff load it into the truck load up unplug and simply get your custom tune from sct tuners load it up and overwrite superchips

now some of us have been able to unload sct and change the setting on superchips and then reload sct after we have tinkered with the setting but other times it locks up the computer and your stuck with maxxed out settings

i picked up a locked sueprchips for 80 bucks on a website i know nothing about called into superchips and they took care of me free of charge no unlocking fee but if they dont unlock you its 100 dollars and they do it over the interenet no reason to send out the programmer

but keep looking in the classifieds for locked superchips cuz you may get a hell of a deal on one

any ?'s
Old 11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Or, if you have an 05-09 Ram, just use a Predator which supports the TCM and custom tuning....lot less work.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

really is that why when i set my friends rev limiter to 6500 and he wants to manually shift at 6500 it hits 6200 and falls flat on his face?

is that the tranny control you speak of
Old 11-13-2009, 08:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by onebadbee24_7
really is that why when i set my friends rev limiter to 6500 and he wants to manually shift at 6500 it hits 6200 and falls flat on his face?

is that the tranny control you speak of
I really wish I could understand the negative attitude??

I mean you spent 20 minutes typing up a trick to use 2 different programmers, and I mention that we have one that will do it all.

If you'd like, I'll happily write you custom tune for your buddys truck to see if we can get past that 6200 rpm limit.

But no, that has nothing to do with tranny control, not sure how you related the two.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

with my set up i can manually shift past 6500 i got mine set at 6800 with the sct

and your right the two have nothing to do with one another but

you says your tuner does it all but we cant get past 6200 manually or automatically

side note this was done with a cmr tune