Trucks and SUV Classifieds All Makes and Models ONLY Trucks and SUV's

2005 GMC SIERRA 400rwhp LS1 SUPER CLEAN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teblmb
I really need to sale but how u wanna trade? Give me some info on yours.
i would def have to give up some cash on my side, how much idk. you would have to tell me how much you want. mine is an 01 ecsb, victory red, 78xxx original owners since bought new in 01. never in any major wrecks, avg body for 10 year old truck. complete baseline, added carpet, aftermarket sound. V6 and 4l60e with vette servo. would be perfect for a track queen, its a very lightweight truck. i was originally gunna swap in a fully built 5.3, but got arrested for illegal racing and had to sell the motor to pay for my lawyer.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

how can u sell a truck like that????? :S DAMN! good luck!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jared91
iron > aluminum. same specs, more power, and hardly any weight difference and technically its still called an ls1 from factory. i have a buildsheet i can show you if you want proof.
Hmm then why don't we have iron heads? And why are all the modern GM performance motors aluminum blocks?

No matter what you do to it, it is NOT an ls1. The 5.3 is not an LS1, never has been called an LS1, and never will be. It is a Gen III small block.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Hmm then why don't we have iron heads? And why are all the modern GM performance motors aluminum blocks?

No matter what you do to it, it is NOT an ls1. The 5.3 is not an LS1, never has been called an LS1, and never will be. It is a Gen III small block.
then apparently the shop who has been making motors since before you were even a thought doesnt know what they are talking about. iron heads have nothing to do with it. weight to weight comparison, fully assembled, there is hardly any difference in weight. i would personally rather have an iron block motor. if something were to blow, your less likely to get a rod through the block wall. and it can handle more spray if you were to spray it.

Cast Iron or Aluminum?
While the truck versions of the Gen III, which were phased into the truck/SUV lineup beginning in 1999, are made of cast iron for severe-duty applications, they have the same set of features as found on LS1 aluminum blocks. The SSR and some of the midsize SUVs are now built with aluminum-block Gen III engines, but the fullsize trucks and SUVs still have iron blocks. The iron version of the Gen III block is approximately 88 pounds heavier than the svelte, 116-pound aluminum block. The iron block is a not-too-shabby 204 pounds, so you're probably wondering why anyone would run an iron block if the aluminum block is so lightweight.

Well, if you are making more than 700 hp (900-plus is routine today), the aluminum block starts to become a liability to long-term health. Simply put, the aluminum block was not designed to support the power the rest of the engine has shown itself capable of producing. The iron block, though, has been known to withstand well over 1,400 hp with a few additions/modifications, and it will handle a little over 1,000 hp in factory trim.

http://www.hotrod.com/howto/113_0504...ics/index.html

quit talking out of your *** for once and shitting on his forsale add. im sure nobody else gives a flying **** but you about a little thing like that.