THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Why I have been gone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jared91
love the new ride.
thank you sir..

Forgot to mention its got a nifty little Intercooler spray tank in the trunk, Fill it with water. When about to do heavy acceleration or driving in stop and go traffic just push the button and it mists the intercooler for 5 secs lol.. Its got alot of nice factory goodies. 1 thing I really enjoy is the headlights, You can adjust them up or down, A thumb scroll type button on the dash has 4-5 different settings to adjust the lights.. factory HIDs in the projector headlights and projector fog lights as well.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sad to see your truck go, but having your car vandalized is always cause for paranoia, when it happened to my camaro I was worried every night when I went to sleep.

I agree, subarus and and evos I dont think of as rice, they actually mean business and look good. As long as you dont stick a huge fartcan, or a tall non-functionial spoiler, or any other stupid crap on it you should be fine.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man..... Your truck was my favorite on this forum.... Even before the 370.

Have fun with the car.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car Derek! I see no reason to bash on buying that car. I've thought once or twice of buying one of those as well! Very sweet little cars!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jpodell
Man..... Your truck was my favorite on this forum.... Even before the 370.

Have fun with the car.
Originally Posted by Nuclear Endless
Sad to see your truck go, but having your car vandalized is always cause for paranoia, when it happened to my camaro I was worried every night when I went to sleep.

I agree, subarus and and evos I dont think of as rice, they actually mean business and look good. As long as you dont stick a huge fartcan, or a tall non-functionial spoiler, or any other stupid crap on it you should be fine.
Originally Posted by Spoolin
Nice car Derek! I see no reason to bash on buying that car. I've thought once or twice of buying one of those as well! Very sweet little cars!!
Thanks guys. I love the car. Its fun to drive and nice to be able to just turn the key and go.. Good to see you Julien..
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a buddy of mine that has a WRX that's basically been converted - motor wise into a STI... the thing sure is a hell of a fun/nice ride. You still gonna drop by now and then?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dmelvin
I've got a buddy of mine that has a WRX that's basically been converted - motor wise into a STI... the thing sure is a hell of a fun/nice ride. You still gonna drop by now and then?
Thats awesome man, They are definitely a blast. And yea I am sure I will come around now and again and see whats going on..
Old 08-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Where's the speedo and exhaust vids?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
I figured you were just jabbin me a little haha..

Yep its an M6 and they have 3.90 gears, So MPGs could be better, but still much much better than the truck. It gets about 16-17 City and about 25 hwy

We ran a couple times and yes from 35-45 rolls best it could pull on me was maybe a truck length, Truck slightly spinning still of course. These cars run great, and sound awesome. You cant beat the sound of the Purrr of a Subaru..

The engine compartment is very tight, But luckily I am not doing anything to intense to get involved in there. Just exhaust stuff which is easy. I mean ****, for a cams swap the engine has to be pulled lol..

I figured you didnt care I was gone..
Yes we all have our own lives outside the forums, Its hard to keep track of everyone..
Originally Posted by D_reks{5.3}
...Forgot to mention its got a nifty little Intercooler spray tank in the trunk, Fill it with water. When about to do heavy acceleration or driving in stop and go traffic just push the button and it mists the intercooler for 5 secs lol.. Its got alot of nice factory goodies. 1 thing I really enjoy is the headlights, You can adjust them up or down, A thumb scroll type button on the dash has 4-5 different settings to adjust the lights.. factory HIDs in the projector headlights and projector fog lights as well.
I was.
And no, I didn't care.
j/k

Kiddin aside, I really liked what u had goin w/. your truck.

That lil intercooler spray tank is the ****.

I didn't know they had those; so are u gonna keep it full. Say, just in case u run up against Parker?!?

No doubt WRX's & Evos actually mean business. A huge fartcan kinda makes me think it's leaning toward rice, but everyone likes more power or a diff. sound, so I wouldn't fault ya there. Unless it extends out a foot past the bumper edge.

But a tall spoiler outside the factory offering just screams F&F.

And yes, u better hop on the site now & again to see whats going on. I've got some changes planned myself. Should be by end of month, Oct. at latest.

Like Scott said, post em up, the speedo & exhaust vids!!!

Last edited by fastnblu; 08-31-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Veteran

I have heard some modded out STI's that at idle put some peoples trucks exhaust to shame. As long as it isn't sticking out a foot past the bumper like mentioned above you are golden