THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

whats your pet peeve?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by david068513
Everything.. I hate dirty cars or trucks. I hate a dirty windshield. I have painted parts on my interior cause of regency and I hate when people touch them and get fingerprints everywhere. I hate how my gf says its just a truck and can get dirty... No it can't and it ain't yours so shut up..I hate dogs that **** on your tires..I hate that everyone thinks my car is a mullet mobile. I hate people's friends dads uncle cousin has a louder faster car then everyone on the planet... I need to stop lol

Good rant though
Old 11-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Launching!

People that think they deserve things but not willing to work for it.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlickSierra
People that think they deserve things but not willing to work for it.
This... 1000 times over.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

While at work (me being a mechanic) and the drivers following you all over the place while fixing there equipment. Also the drivers keep asking what are you doing now, how long is it going to be, and why do I keep getting flat tires in the yard when I watch out not to run anything over (I work in a metal recycling yard that processes metals to be sent to foundries in the area)
Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99LsSilverado
While at work (me being a mechanic) and the drivers following you all over the place while fixing there equipment. Also the drivers keep asking what are you doing now, how long is it going to be, and why do I keep getting flat tires in the yard when I watch out not to run anything over (I work in a metal recycling yard that processes metals to be sent to foundries in the area)
I am guilty of this at a friends shop. I always ask twice to make sure he doesn't mind me watching what he does but mostly just cause I want to learn, not bug him
Old 11-24-2011, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

I can understand wanting to learn but they are some of the dumbest drivers I have worked with. They can barely understand how to drive and not f-up anything in a day. Like when a driver calls and says his truck is overheating and asks me if he can continue to drive it the rest of the day (about 5 more hours). So when they follow me around they could instead be filling out the drivers log (which is required by both the company and the DOT) or shoveling another sandwich in their mouths to keep them from bitching about how I am not fixing it quick enough.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99LsSilverado
I can understand wanting to learn but they are some of the dumbest drivers I have worked with. They can barely understand how to drive and not f-up anything in a day. Like when a driver calls and says his truck is overheating and asks me if he can continue to drive it the rest of the day (about 5 more hours). So when they follow me around they could instead be filling out the drivers log (which is required by both the company and the DOT) or shoveling another sandwich in their mouths to keep them from bitching about how I am not fixing it quick enough.
LOL nah I am by no means a gear head but I pretty mechanically inclined and have some common sense LOL. Most of the time what I am wanting to learn and look of his shoulder for is when we are tuning and doing technical stuff.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by david068513
Everything.. I hate dirty cars or trucks. I hate a dirty windshield. I have painted parts on my interior cause of regency and I hate when people touch them and get fingerprints everywhere. I hate how my gf says its just a truck and can get dirty... No it can't and it ain't yours so shut up..I hate dogs that **** on your tires..I hate that everyone thinks my car is a mullet mobile. I hate people's friends dads uncle cousin has a louder faster car then everyone on the planet... I need to stop lol
I could not have said it better myself.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really hate it when someone points out flaws in in another persons vehicle vehicle. Anyone with half a brain in their head knows if you are going to drive something, it will eventually get a nick or a scratch here and there. I have seen people that are complete strangers walk up to someone and tell them they have a scratch or a nick here or there. Like they would actually not know that. Or tell them there is fiberglass here (while pointing) or there. Out of my experience those people do not even own a vehicle. I love to see people take pride in their vehicle no matter what they drive, and I hate to see someone jealous trying to knock them down.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

One uppers and/or story tellers. Usually they go together, as in that person will try to one up you with a fictional story about how they did it better. My boss is by far the worst for this, and I have to bite my tongue very often.

Quick Reply: whats your pet peeve?